Date: Jan 10, 2018
Req Id 74983
Watch your career take flight at GardaWorld!
GardaWorld is the largest provider of aviation services for the Canadian Air Transport Security Authority (CATSA), offering screening services in 28 airports across Canada.
Our Checkpoint Managers undergo specialized training, both in class and on-the-job in order to acquire the knowledge required for screening operations and aviation security. It is not essential that you have previous security experience, training or licenses.
We are currently recruiting a Checkpoint Manager for the Edmonton Airport, on a permanent full-time basis. Selected candidates may be kept in a candidate pool for future opportunities.
As a Checkpoint Manager, you are responsible to ensure the smooth delivery of airport screening operations according to the service requirements set by our client, CATSA. Through effective leadership and management skills, you guide Screening Officers in providing the best screening experience to passengers while maintaining full procedural compliance.
You are an entrepreneur that is adept with working within guidelines. You are proactive and you have an operational acumen to foresee needs and react accordingly. You have a fundamental understanding of how to lead and motivate an effective work culture. You lead by example and have earned the respect of your team.
* Ensures checkpoint operations are in compliance with service level requirements and GardaWorld procedures, policies and programs
* Guide Screening Officers through Standard Operating Procedure decision making and procedures
* Addresses non-routine screening situations as they arise and acts as the point of escalation for: handling complaints, unruly passengers, special requests, explosive detection trace alarms, non-permitted items, dangerous goods, VIPs, etc.
* Manages incidents at the checkpoint as they arise, and implements contingency and emergency procedures to maintain integrity of operations and reconcile incidents
* Monitors checkpoint performance and actively determines shift assignments and staff deployments.
* Develops an effective day-to-day, transactional working relationship with CATSA, the airport authority, union and airlines to effectively balance and meet their requirements
* Ambassador for a progressive work environment and a positive travel experience for passengers
* Competitive total compensation package, based on qualifications, starting at $55,000 at this work location
* Participation in our Performance Incentive Program
* Immediate professional and personal growth opportunities
* Must be a Canadian Citizen or a Permanent Resident
* No previous criminal background for which a pardon has not been granted
* Available to work and commute day and night shifts, including weekends and statutory holidays
* Minimum 3 years’ experience in a related position or field, with at least 6 months of supervisory experience
* Ability to obtain a security clearance and successfully complete a background check
* Physical requirements include but are not limited to standing for long periods of time
* Strong team work abilities and interpersonal skills
* High level of comfort dealing with a variety of customer interactions and escalations
* Effective communicator with the ability to listen attentively and maintain respectful and cooperative relationships with passengers, employees and co-workers
* Leadership necessary to handle on-the-spot decisions and ability to act calmly under pressure
* Highly organized and results driven individual who is able to prioritize and handle multiple tasks
* Ability to work within a structured, highly regulated environment
* Full fluency in English
* Previous experience in a unionized environment
* Previous experience in a service delivery environment with multiple customers and stakeholders
* Knowledge of Key Performance Indicators and Quality Control
* Aviation Security knowledge and/or experience
* Fluency in French
* Travel may be required for training. Other travel may be requested when assistance is required at other airports.
* Applicants must clearly demonstrate in their resume that they meet all requirements. Failure to provide sufficient and clear information will result in disqualification.
* Screening test(s), interviews and reference checks will be conducted for selected candidates
Applications will only be accepted online via www.garda.com/careers
We thank all applicants for their interest in the position; however, we will communicate only with the selected candidates. Preference will be given to qualified internal applicants.
GardaWorld is an equal opportunity employer and takes pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability or any other protected status.