Date: Jun 17, 2017
JOB NUMBER: 12870
Reporting to the manager, business services, infrastructure design and build, you will lead, direct, influence, and support the work of the solution designers and technical contractors completing Wintel infrastructure design and build work on projects. You will bring your knowledge of solution design to provide the technical interface between the project management office and information systems (IS) operations to positively impact the successful delivery of projects and contribute to Suncor’s IS technical strategic direction.
- Lead internal staff and outsourced solutions design team members to deliver high quality technical solution designs, specifications and work plans based on approved architecture, product, configuration, and process standards, and roadmaps
- Ensure that designs and specifications meet or exceed established business and technical design requirements, quality measures, service levels, and continuous improvement goals
- Direct overall infrastructure solution design creation and how this impacts project implementation as well as costs and supportability of final solutions
- Oversee the information and process management (I&PM) service catalog items specific to infrastructure solutions design services including: service ownership; service definition; service level agreement (SLA) negotiation; SLA performance; and SLA reporting
- Direct solution design as a service to solution design and delivery and offer third tier consulting services to IS operations and vendors for critical sustainment issues
- Work with operations technical risks and mitigation strategies and participate in root cause analysis of high priority operational failures
- Collaborate with global internal and external partners including: business customers; project managers; solution designers; enterprise architecture; third parties; and operations
- Participate and recommend product/vendor selection as required
- Design and implement best-fit and standards driven for disaster recovery solutions; planning and implementation; high availability (resilient) solutions (including clustering versus load balancing); and physical versus virtual server solution selection
Experience and Education:
- A minimum five years of infrastructure operations and solutions design experience in a mid to large sized oil and gas company energy, telecommunications or industrial enterprise
- Knowledge of information technology infrastructure library (ITIL) is an advantage
- Post-secondary education in computer science, software engineering, management information systems or related field is an asset
- High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED)
Skills and Knowledge:
- Excellent technical knowledge of Intel based infrastructure operations technology with specific knowledge of Windows Server 2008+ design, installation and configuration; virtualization technologies; design, installation and configuration of Microsoft System Center suite / Microsoft Exchange 2007+ / Microsoft SharePoint /or other enterprise class applications
- Experience with high availability planning and implementation; network, security, storage, application, and MAN/WAN based clustering technologies; and Intel based server hardware design within an enterprise environment
- Participated in, and familiar with Agile, Iterative, and Waterfall project methodology and practices
- Confident communicator with superb written and analytical skills and application of results to translate customer needs into IS business requirements
- Demonstrated conflict identification and resolution skills and able to deal with change and ambiguity in a rapidly changing environment while working effectively with various sizes of highly focused and geographically dispersed teams
- This position is based in Mississauga, Ontario at our Sheridan Park office
- Travel to plant sites globally may be required on an infrequent basis
Go ahead. Expect growth. We want you to have a job you're genuinely excited about - as well as opportunities to learn and challenge yourself or mentor others. Plus, Suncor Energy offers a flexible employee package that can be adjusted to suit the changing needs of your life, including:
- Competitive base salary and compensation programs
- Attractive annual incentive program
- Flexible benefits package
- Rewarding pension and savings plans
Suncor Energy is Canada's energy company - meaning rewarding opportunities for you to apply your knowledge, contribute and grow in a variety of career-building positions. Our business portfolio spans the entire energy sector, from a leadership position in oil sands development, to refining and marketing operations, natural gas, and conventional oil production, internationally and offshore East Coast Canada.
And while we are working to responsibly develop petroleum resources and contribute to the communities where we live and work, we are also developing our renewable energy portfolio, which includes wind power and biofuels.
As part of Suncor's team, you'll contribute to the ongoing success of Canada's largest energy company - one with a solid track record of growth, a focus on safety and sustainability and tremendous potential for the future. And you'll have the opportunity to learn from experts in the industry and build on your skills every day.
Suncor is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Not sure if this particular listing is the right opportunity for you? Please join our Talent Community at www.suncor.com and click on Careers, or follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter for the latest job listings and employment news.
Please note that our job postings are typically open for two weeks, so if you are interested and qualified, apply now.