Job ID 20170895
Regular/Temporary - Regular
The South Coast British Columbia Transportation Authority (TransLink) is one of Canada’s most innovative transportation authorities, founded in 1999 to plan and manage transportation within Metro Vancouver. We’ve achieved success not only in improving the transportation network of the region, but helping maintain the enviable lifestyle of residents and the viability of local businesses. TransLink and our family of companies (Coast Mountain Bus Company, B.C. Rapid Transit Company and Transit Police) are proud to be one of BC’s Top Employers.
Responsible for defining and managing work programs to meet multiple objectives on several concurrent projects including managing resource requirements by allocating and reviewing work tasks. Included in this role is to liaise at a senior level with internal and external stakeholders and effectively manage internal and external communications. The scope of the role also involves defining and managing project risks, determining, justifying and managing consultant assignments to ensure overall on-time, on-budget delivery.
Education and Experience:
The competencies for this position would typically be acquired through completion of University degree in Engineering and/or Business a Professional Engineering designation or eligible to register as a P.Eng and PMP certification also is required. Requires eight (8) years of previous experience in full cycle engineering project management.
- Advanced knowledge of the principles, theories, concepts and practices of project management.
- Advanced leadership skills to provide coaching, development and performance management to reporting staff.
- Advanced interpersonal skills to build and maintain relationships with multiple internal and external stakeholders, including negotiation skills as they relate to contracts and resolution of contractual issues.
- Advanced analytical thinking and problem solving skills, to resolve critical and high impact issues.
- Advanced financial acumen to allow for effective planning, management, and expenditure of operational and capital costs.
- Advanced time management and organization skills to balance and coordinate effort across multiple, concurrent activities.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills.
- Solid technical skills in business and project management computer applications and databases.
The Systems Engineering department is responsible for delivering projects for the British Columbia Rapid Transit Company (BCRTC, or SkyTrain), Coast Mountain Bus Company (CMBC) as well as other stakeholders within the TransLink Enterprise. Systems Engineering projects typically involve the following systems:
SkyTrain Train Control systems
Communications systems including
Optical: Optical Transport Network (OTN)
Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA)
Fire Life and Safety Systems (FLSS)
Power Supply and Distribution system
Closed-Circuit Television Systems (CCTV)
Experience working with systems like the ones listed above is a requirement for the successful candidate.
This position does not involve delivery of projects related to software development or information technology.
Recruitment Process: An applicant will be required to demonstrate their suitability for this position by meeting the minimum level of qualifications and experience in order to be invited into the selection process. A standard interview format will be used including general, scenario and behavioural descriptive interview questions.
37.5 hours per week
Rate of Pay
Salary: $106,502 to $133,128 per annum ($54.43 to $68.04 per hour)
How to Apply
Please click the 'Apply' button at the bottom of the page or go to http://www.translink.ca/careers to apply for this position and view instructions on the process.
INSTRUCTIONS: Please save your (1) cover letter, and your (2) resume as one pdf document prior to uploading your application on-line.
Posting Date: January 3rd 2018
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Please note that only those short listed will be contacted.
Having trouble applying? Please view the System Requirements & FAQ's by going to http://www.translink.ca/careers.
Equal Employment Opportunity
TransLink is committed to employment equity.