Job ID 20170898
Regular/Temporary - Regular
The South Coast British Columbia Transportation Authority (TransLink) is one of Canada’s most innovative transportation authorities, founded in 1999 to plan and manage transportation within Metro Vancouver. We’ve achieved success not only in improving the transportation network of the region, but helping maintain the enviable lifestyle of residents and the viability of local businesses. TransLink and our family of companies (Coast Mountain Bus Company, B.C. Rapid Transit Company and Transit Police) are proud to be one of BC’s Top Employers.
Responsible for executing audit projects including managing of Quality Assurance and Audit Monitoring Program for all enterprise; TransLink, CMBC, BCRTC and Transit Police as per the Performance/Operational Audit and Compliance/Right to Audit Service lines outlined in Annual Strategic Internal Audit Plan, approved by the Audit Committee.
- Oversees day-to-day management of audit plan projects, involving complex performance, operational, and consulting projects across TransLink Enterprise, including audits of all TransLink and subsidiary contractual compliance programs (e.g. Right to Audit).
- Provides adequate training in project management practices and methods to team members; ensuring technical guidance, appropriate distribution and review of projects to ensure professional standards are adhered to, in accordance with International Professional Practices Framework (IPPF).
- Reviews and controls audit assignments of Contract Auditors to ensure project compliance as per the Institute of Internal Auditors Professional Practice Framework (IPPF), raising red flags where applicable and ensuring adequate closures of any anomalies on such assignments.
- Manages Internal Audit’s Quality Assessment Review (QAR) and ensures conformity to International Standards for Professional Practice of Internal Auditing and Code of Ethics; oversees half yearly audit monitoring program through appropriate follow-up on progress and disposition of audit recommendations and measures implemented by management to mitigate risks.
- Assists in developing Annual audit plan for the TransLink Enterprise by preparing, monitoring and controlling departmental budget; development of policies, procedures, and standard working paper templates.
- Presents and reports outcomes / results of performance, operational and consulting projects to Management based on planned deliverables; outlines findings, observations, recommendations, and management responses for presentation to the Audit Committee of Board of Directors and Senior Management.
- Conducts annual performance reviews for team members and motivates team members to take up professional development programs that help them achieve their performance goals and objectives.
Education and Experience:
The competencies in this role can typically be acquired by completion of a bachelor’s degree in business or related discipline along with a professional designation such a CPA, CA, or CIA. The role requires at least 8 years of experience in progressively responsible positions in managing operational, financial, compliance related aspects of consulting projects in a large and complex public sector organization, including audit supervisory experience.
- Strong business acumen and project management skills with the ability to work on multiple projects with tight deadlines.
- Advanced analytical skills with demonstrated ability to take independent strategic decisions.
- Solid presentation and facilitation skills and advanced interpersonal and leadership skills to facilitate working with auditors and senior management at all levels.
- Excellent professional written and verbal communication skills.
Recruitment Process: An applicant will be required to demonstrate their suitability for this position by meeting the minimum level of qualifications and experience in order to be invited into the selection process. A standard interview format will be used including general, scenario and behavioural descriptive interview questions.
37.5 hours per week
How to Apply
Please click the 'Apply' button at the bottom of the page or go to http://www.translink.ca/careers to apply for this position and view instructions on the process.
INSTRUCTIONS: Please save your (1) cover letter, and your (2) resume as one pdf document prior to uploading your application on-line.
Posting Date: January 3, 2018
Closing Date: Open until filled
Please note that only those short listed will be contacted.
Having trouble applying? Please view the System Requirements & FAQ's by going to http://www.translink.ca/careers.
Equal Employment Opportunity
TransLink is committed to employment equity.