Job ID 20170345
Regular/Temporary - Regular
The South Coast British Columbia Transportation Authority (TransLink) is one of Canada’s most innovative transportation authorities, founded in 1999 to plan and manage transportation within Metro Vancouver. We’ve achieved success not only in improving the transportation network of the region, but helping maintain the enviable lifestyle of residents and the viability of local businesses. TransLink and our family of companies (Coast Mountain Bus Company, B.C. Rapid Transit Company and Transit Police) are proud to be one of BC’s Top Employers.
Manages strategic interface between Business Technology Services (BTS) and business leadership across the TransLink enterprise, involving business relationship management, strategic business/technology planning, business process transformation change management, and business case development. Responsible for facilitating BTS strategic planning activities and for the development of TransLink’s technology roadmap; and oversees BTS portfolio management; risk management; and product management.
- Participates in BTS strategic planning, providing input as a member of the divisional management team, facilitating planning processes, and collaborating with Director on development of the final strategic plan and roadmap for business technology
- Manages strategic interface between BTS and business leadership at all levels across the enterprise by aligning business requirements with the capabilities and competencies within BTS. Emphasis is on relationship management, providing strategic enterprise perspective; managing expectations around project objectives and deliverables; and delivering strategic business services. Also participates on executive level steering committees.
- Manages delivery of strategic business planning services for business leaders at all levels across the enterprise. Oversees consultation/facilitation pertaining to strategic business transformation, enterprise-wide alignment, and prioritization of change-related objectives.
- Manages delivery of technology/non-technology business process transformation services to facilitate change toward best practice and optimize processes and systems. Involves identifying risks and opportunities, researching and analyzing options, developing technology-related business cases, and overseeing related change management.
- Manages a prioritized BTS portfolio for strategic capital investment programs to move the organization forward on business technology plans. Includes emphasis on BTS investment planning, identifying various scenarios in the context of corporate climate to optimize balanced results. Also establishes and monitors achievements against key performance indicators, ensuring the business investment perspective is addressed.
- Oversees strategic product management, assessing risk and functional/technical health of the enterprise portfolio to leverage products, reduce risk, identify opportunities, and consolidate systems to a common platform; and also making strategic recommendations for change.
- Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with government, transit, and IT agencies/organizations, as well as IT leaders of other companies to share and leverage information, best practice, emerging trends and rapid change in business technology.
- Manages external consultants and oversees related contract management, ensuring standards are maintained, and escalated issues are resolved.
- Manages reporting managers, analysts and other staff on the Process & Project Services team, including selection, training, coaching, development, performance management and all other people management practices.
Education & Experience:
The requirements for this job are typically acquired through a bachelor degree in business or related discipline (MBA preferred), plus 7 years of related experience at progressive levels of accountability or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Certified Management Consultant designation would be an asset.
- Expert knowledge of the concepts, principles, practices, business models and techniques of business technology-related strategic planning; project portfolio management, product management; and business process services
- Advanced knowledge of the concepts, principles, practices, business models and techniques of IT-related investment planning in the context of portfolio management
- Advanced interpersonal and communications skills, including relationship building, advising, consulting, influencing, conflict resolution and presentation/facilitation skills
- Advanced planning and organizational skills to perform a key role in strategic business planning, and in overseeing project management
- Advanced business acumen to advise, consult and facilitate business process transformation
- Advanced problem solving and decision making skills to identifying and address roadblocks and critical issues that would impact business process transformation and project management deliverables
- Advanced analytical and critical thinking skills to identify strategic risks and opportunities
- Advanced leadership, development and team building skills to manage a substantial group of reporting managers, analysts and other reporting team members
The current IT investment portfolio is diverse and large. A critical success factor for this position is the incumbant's strength in developing strong business relationships with senior leaders from across the TransLink family.
Recruitment Process: An applicant will be required to demonstrate their suitability for this position by meeting the minimum level of qualifications and experience in order to be invited into the selection process. A standard interview format will be used including general, scenario and behavioural descriptive interview questions.
37.5 hours per week.
How to Apply
Please click the 'Apply' button at the bottom of the page or go to http://www.translink.ca/careers to apply for this position and view instructions on the process.
INSTRUCTIONS: Please save your (1) cover letter, and your (2) resume as one pdf document prior to uploading your application on-line.
Posting Date: May 23, 2017
Closing Date: June 23, 2017
Please note that only those short listed will be contacted.
Having trouble applying? Please view the System Requirements & FAQ's by going to http://www.translink.ca/careers.
Equal Employment Opportunity
TransLink is committed to employment equity.