Date: Oct 2, 2017
JOB NUMBER: 17821
Reporting to the manager, supply chain management (SCM) you will be responsible for leading end-to-end SCM processes including procurement, planning, scheduling and coordinating for materials and services. You will also be accountable for building strong relationships with all stakeholders, resolving performance issues, sponsoring process improvements and initiating/implementing procurement strategies and channels.
- Lead a team of procurement coordinators and specialists to support maintenance and operational activities within the business, providing leadership and mentorship to ensure efficient and cost effective procurement
- Drive compliance within supply operations and the business with SCM policies, processes, procedures, and strategies
- Analyze and steward critical metrics and drive action plans to improve compliance and efficiency
- Lead implementation of supply strategies for day to day site procurement
- Work with category management and other partners to maintain alignment on business priorities and ensure timely delivery of procurement strategies
- Partner with our business, reliability engineering, and materials management teams to develop material master data and to set up safety stock levels to ensure timely material availability to support the execution of preventative and corrective maintenance strategies
- Demonstrate ownership and leadership to resolve issues and assist the team in critical and expedited procurement
- Maintain relationships with suppliers, lead the execution of our spend for the assigned business areas, and provide guidance on contractors’ performance and cost reduction activities
- Set clear performance and development goals, providing regular and effective performance feedback to the supply chain operations team members
Experience and Education:
- Minimum five years of experience in SCM or maintenance planning/scheduling with a deep understanding of end-to-end business processes (purchasing, planning, scheduling, coordinating, work order life cycle, kitting/staging, reverse logistics, and warehousing)
- Minimum two years of experience leading a team, project, or an improvement initiative
- Experience in procurement, inventory management, and/or warehouse operations preferred
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in business, economics, or a designation in supply chain management
- High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED)
Skills and Knowledge:
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Adaptability with strong organization skills to resolve conflicting priorities by remaining flexible in a dynamic environment
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact with senior leaders in the organization
- You constantly ask what could go wrong and check for out-of-the-ordinary conditions and learn to anticipate potential problems
- You hold others accountable, and expect others to do the same
- This position is based in Fort McMurray, Alberta on a Monday to Friday schedule
- You will be required to provide some after hours on call support as required
- If you reside outside of Fort McMurray, relocation of your primary residence to within 60 km of Fort McMurray is mandatory
- Relocation support will be provided; we offer highly competitive housing assistance to eligible candidates
Go ahead. Expect growth. We want you to have a job you're genuinely excited about - as well as opportunities to learn and challenge yourself or mentor others. Plus, Suncor Energy offers a flexible employee package that can be adjusted to suit the changing needs of your life, including:
- Competitive base salary and compensation programs
- Attractive annual incentive program
- Flexible benefits package
- Rewarding pension and savings plans
Our mission to create energy for a better world begins with caring about the communities we live and work in, while responding to your interests and concerns. Read our Suncor Connections newsletter to see how we're living up to our commitment to keeping you informed.
Suncor Energy is Canada's energy company - meaning rewarding opportunities for you to apply your knowledge, contribute and grow in a variety of career-building positions. Our business portfolio spans the entire energy sector, from a leadership position in oil sands development, to refining and marketing operations, natural gas, and conventional oil production, internationally and offshore East Coast Canada.
And while we are working to responsibly develop petroleum resources and contribute to the communities where we live and work, we are also developing our renewable energy portfolio, which includes wind power and biofuels.
As part of Suncor's team, you'll contribute to the ongoing success of Canada's largest energy company - one with a solid track record of growth, a focus on safety and sustainability and tremendous potential for the future. And you'll have the opportunity to learn from experts in the industry and build on your skills every day.
Suncor promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Suncor is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Suncor is committed to accessibility and accommodations will be provided to applicants upon request. At Suncor, we are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Not sure if this particular listing is the right opportunity for you? Please join our Talent Community at www.suncor.com and click on Careers, or follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter for the latest job listings and employment news.
Please note that our job postings are typically open for two weeks, so if you are interested and qualified, apply now.