Date: Nov 1, 2017
JOB NUMBER: 18524
Reporting to the manager, reservoir development, within our SAGD asset base, you will be working alongside a dynamic team of engineers, geoscientists, and geomechanical subject matter experts. In this diverse role, you will get to perform exciting geomechanical work that supports future development, including creating and simulating models, converting workflows, and supporting the restructuring of risk assessments and testing probabilistic approaches to sub-surface risk assessments.
- Performing geomechanical technical work and simulations
- Following workflows while building and running simulations
- Converting workflows
- Supporting the restructuring of risk assessments
Experience and Education
- You have a strong geomechanical background in lab testing and numerical modeling
- You are experienced in using geological software packages such as: GoCad, RMS or Petrel
- PHD student preferred
- Master’s degree in engineering and registered with APEGA
- Currently enrolled in an accredited post-secondary institution, and returning to full-time studies after the work term
- Attach your transcripts with your application in order to be considered; clearly indicate the length of work term for which you are available
- High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED)
Skills and Knowledge
- You have a deep understanding of thermal recovery processes
- Knowledge of pressure transient analysis (Kappa Ecrin) and probability assessment software @Risk is considered an asset
- You are a self-starter who collaborates well with others and strives to achieve the best results and deliver the most value
- You are committed to seeking greater knowledge about the systems, processes and hazards in the workplace, in order to understand not just what you do but why you do it
- You have the drive and initiative to constantly ask what could go wrong and check for out-of-the-ordinary conditions and learn to anticipate potential problems
- This is a Calgary based, temporary position for a period of 8 or 12 months
Start your career at one of Canada's leading companies. Suncor looks for people who have the best to offer, and provides the same in return. We are committed to sustainable, ethical growth - Suncor is a company where you can contribute in a meaningful way, grow your skills and career, and achieve success.
Suncor Energy is Canada's energy company - meaning rewarding opportunities for you to apply your knowledge, contribute and grow in a variety of career-building positions. Our business portfolio spans the entire energy sector, from a leadership position in oil sands development, to refining and marketing operations, natural gas, and conventional oil production, internationally and offshore East Coast Canada.
And while we are working to responsibly develop petroleum resources and contribute to the communities where we live and work, we are also developing our renewable energy portfolio, which includes wind power and biofuels.
As part of Suncor's team, you'll contribute to the ongoing success of Canada's largest energy company - one with a solid track record of growth, a focus on safety and sustainability and tremendous potential for the future. And you'll have the opportunity to learn from experts in the industry and build on your skills every day.
Suncor promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Suncor is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Suncor is committed to accessibility and accommodations will be provided to applicants upon request. At Suncor, we are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Not sure if this particular listing is the right opportunity for you? Please join our Talent Community at www.suncor.com and click on Careers, or follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter for the latest job listings and employment news.
Please note that our job postings are typically open for two weeks, so if you are interested and qualified, apply now.