A Store Standards Associate-Fresh maintains store cleanliness and creates a great shopping experience for our customers by keeping the store’s entrance and vestibule clean and clear of clutter, emptying the garbage bins in the front of the store and keeping the fixtures and floors within the fresh department clean and mopped. This will be completed while adhering to Walmart’s Core beliefs and values.
• Practicing the 3 meter Attitude. – Greet customers in warm and friendly manner when they are within 3 meters
• Ensuring a great shopping experience for customers by proactively maintaining store cleanliness standards in a safe and efficient manner
Maintains store operational standards by:
• Emptying the garbage cans in the front of the store
• Sweeping, mopping and emptying garbage at the store’s entrance and vestibule
• Cleaning entrance windows and doors
• Sweeping and mopping the floors and under fixtures in the fresh departments (6 inches from floor and down)
• General surface cleaning of all fresh fixtures (as required)
• Communicating with management team for various tasks around the entire store
Practices safe work habits by:
• Stretching/warming-up prior to shift.
• Being knowledgeable of and following emergency and safety procedures.
• Following Health and Safety guidelines.
• Keeping the area N.C.O. and free of fixtures, unnecessary debris, foreign objects, and liquids.
• Maintaining unblocked and unlocked exits.
• Using proper lifting techniques.
• Stable stacking of merchandise.
• Wearing proper reflective vest during cart collection for visibility and safety.
• Additional cleaning duties when day porter is not present: safety sweeps, washrooms, associate lounge
• Partners with Store Standards as necessary to assist with cart collection and responds promptly to requests at all registers and safely assists customers with carry outs or carry ins and verifies receipts for proof of purchase
• Adheres to all company policies and standard operating procedures
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Mathematical Skills
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent.
- Ability to determine the number of individual things in a unit or group. Basic Reading/Writing Skills
- Ability to understand the meaning of written or printed matter and to record information by inscribing characters or symbols.
If interested, please apply on the following site: