Date: Jun 19, 2017
JOB NUMBER: 9367
Fort Hills is looking for safety-focused steamfitters/pipefitters to join the secondary extraction maintenance team. You will prove support for our assets by performing maintenance activities safely, efficiently and to a high quality to ensure optimum reliability and availability.
- Respond quickly and effectively to problems and breakdowns and execute installation, troubleshooting and repairs to all systems and equipment
- Plan and estimate safe, efficient and cost effective execution of our jobs while minimizing the impact on operations
- Initiate detailed work notifications and requests for follow up work in an efficient manner
- Actively participate in our post event failure analysis and root cause discussions to help to develop solutions
- Ensure that our preventative maintenance guidelines are adhered to and maintain complete and accurate records
Experience and Education:
- Three or more years of post-apprenticeship experience working in a maintenance area in a heavy industrial environment (e.g. mining, oil and gas, pulp and paper, petrochemical, etc.)
- Rigging experience or hold a valid rigging ticket would be an asset
- Paraffinic Froth Treatment (PFT) experience is an asset
- Valid Alberta Journeyperson or an Interprovincial Red Seal Journeyman steamfitter/pipefitter Certificate; attach your journeyman / red seal ticket with your application in order to be considered
- High school diploma or General Education Diploma (GED)
- Possess a valid driver’s licence and a clean driving record
Skills and Knowledge:
- Ability to read and interpret equipment specifications, engineering drawings, blueprints, charts, and tables or study sample parts as required
- In-depth knowledge and application of technical requirements and quality standards and a deep understanding of maintenance and operations
- Familiar with computerized maintenance management systems
- You continually seek greater knowledge about the systems, processes and hazards in the workplace, in order to understand not just what you do but why you do it with a strong dedication to continuous improvement within safe work practices, procedures, and standards to ensure safe and reliable work execution
- You constantly ask what could go wrong and check for out-of-the-ordinary conditions and learn to anticipate potential problems
- This position has been identified as safety sensitive
- This is a camp-based position at the Fort Hills site
- The shift schedule is a seven days on/ seven days off rotation (seven days on, seven days off, seven nights on, seven nights off; 12 hour shifts)
- You will be required to perform some heavy lifting, use of ladders and working on elevated work sites such as scaffolds and towers with the ability to perform in a variety of different environments both indoor and outdoor as well as within confined spaces
Go ahead. Expect growth. We want you to have a job you're genuinely excited about - as well as opportunities to learn and challenge yourself or mentor others. Plus, Suncor Energy offers a flexible employee package that can be adjusted to suit the changing needs of your life, including:
- Competitive base salary and compensation programs
- Attractive annual incentive program
- Flexible benefits package
- Rewarding pension and savings plans
About Fort Hills
Fort Hills, a joint venture between Suncor, Total, and Teck Resources, is the largest undeveloped oil sands mining asset in the region. Located 90 kilometres north of Fort McMurray, you’ll travel in comfort from one of our Western Canadian hubs, or Fort McMurray. There, you will stay in a world class, modern yet comfortable, lodge-style accommodation. More information about life at Fort Hills is available here.
Suncor Energy is Canada's energy company - meaning rewarding opportunities for you to apply your knowledge, contribute and grow in a variety of career-building positions. Our business portfolio spans the entire energy sector, from a leadership position in oil sands development, to refining and marketing operations, natural gas, and conventional oil production, internationally and offshore East Coast Canada.
And while we are working to responsibly develop petroleum resources and contribute to the communities where we live and work, we are also developing our renewable energy portfolio, which includes wind power and biofuels.
As part of Suncor's team, you'll contribute to the ongoing success of Canada's largest energy company - one with a solid track record of growth, a focus on safety and sustainability and tremendous potential for the future. And you'll have the opportunity to learn from experts in the industry and build on your skills every day.
Suncor promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Suncor is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. At Suncor, we are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communitities in which we live, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Not sure if this particular listing is the right opportunity for you? Please join our Talent Community at www.suncor.com and click on Careers, or follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter for the latest job listings and employment news.
Please note that our job postings are typically open for two weeks, so if you are interested and qualified, apply now.