Job ID: J0517-1967
Category: Human Resources
Open Positions: 1
Job Closing Date: (dd/mm/yyyy): 30/06/2017
Is accountable for performing the detailed activities involved in the complaints and compliance aspect of the Human Rights and supporting the Workplace Violence Prevention program for Canada Post Corporation. As the field coordinator provides advice to the clients and business partners regarding the handling of formal and internal human rights complaints. Undertakes formal complaint investigation; leads formal investigations, negotiates and conciliates settlements of human rights complaints with the Canadian Human Rights Commission; analyzes and writes investigation and conciliation reports; analyzes statistics derived from these activities. Investigates complex internal complaints and complex accommodation requests that originate from employees, customers as well as other sources. Acts as the liaison with the Canadian Human Rights Commission (CHRC) Legal Affairs and other external agencies.
The successful candidate will
1. Provides expert advice and guidance regarding human rights and violence in the workplace incidents to executives, Business Partners, team leaders, and internal/ external stakeholders.
2. Promotes visibility of human rights and violence in the workplace through the communications medium.
3. Reviews and analyzes divisional investigation reports on human rights and workplace violence complaints; conducts internal and CHRC investigations.
4. Analyzes and prepares reports on an on-going and ad hoc basis, as required. Reporting on human rights and violence in the workplace issues to other corporate functions and stakeholders.
5. Provides input to corporate policies and directives to assist in ensuring they comply with the Canadian Human Rights Commissions’ and ESDC’s requirements, as well as Canadian legislation and jurisprudence in the areas of Human Rights and Violence in the Workplace.
6. Participates in conciliating settlements of human rights complaints with the CHRC. Prepares conciliation reports and corporate positions for submission to the CHRC, etc.
7. Interface with legal and labour relations in matters relating to human rights, workplace violence and grievances.
8. Liaises with CHRC, the Network of Corporate Human rights Practitioners and other external organizations.
9. Maintains a thorough knowledge and understanding of all related policies, procedures, standards and guidelines as well as relevant collective agreements and industry human rights practices. Remains current with changes in legislation and law that affect human rights and impact the corporation.
10. Develops and/or supports the development of policies, practices, processes and tools (training and communication) to support Human Rights and the requirements of internal/external audits and agreements.
Job requirements (Education and Work experience)
1. Two or more years experience in Human Rights, Complaint Investigation/Dispute Resolution, Labour Relations or similar work experience
2. Post secondary degree or diploma in Industrial Relations, Law, Human Rights, Dispute Resolution, or equivalent combination of education and experience
3. Working proficiency in computer programs including Power Point, Excel and Microsoft Office
4. Influence/Negotiation skills
5. Execution skills
6. A commitment to excellence
7. Superior written communication skills
8. Decision making/judgment abilities
9. Information gathering abilities
As part of the selection process selected candidates will be required to complete a security screening process
Notice to Applicants: In order for Canada Post Human Resources to invite applicants for interviews, please ensure Email Communication Consent preferences are set to allow emails. Consent may be found in the career profile. Applicants should check email junk/spam folders regularly as Canada Post communicates with applicants via email.
Our Leadership Behaviours and Corporate Values
Decision Making - A champion of the organization who takes calculated risks and makes prudent, common sense decisions about current issues, future opportunities and resource requirements in a timely, well thought out manner, that aligns with the corporation's best interests.
Accountability - An individual who strives for performance excellence and who holds him/herself and direct reports accountable for decisions and actions and for learning from mistakes when intended results are not achieved.
Business Orientation - A proactive individual who understands the competitive nature of the business, and is committed to sustaining the business through excellent customer service and new business opportunities.
Execution - A focused and self motivated individual who acts with a sense of urgency and delivers on time and within budget, by dealing effectively with challenges and ambiguous situations.
Leading People - A compelling communicator and leader who engages, motivates and inspires others to achieve results and who encourages personal growth and finding better ways of doing things.
Canada Post offers
• Competitive salary
• Annual incentive program
• Comprehensive individual and family benefits coverage
• Vacation and leave options
• Defined Contribution Component of the Canada Post Corporation Registered Pension Plan
Careers that deliver
If you're ready to make a difference and discover your full potential, Canada Post delivers a variety of exciting and challenging career opportunities across the country. As one of Canada’s largest employers we’re committed to attracting, retaining and developing a winning team to meet the evolving needs of Canadians and secure our future.
Canada Post is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities.
The Conflict of Interest Policy prohibits employees from hiring, supervising or reporting to, directly or indirectly via the reporting hierarchy, their immediate family or close personal relations. Should you feel that you may be in an actual or potential Conflict of Interest in regard to this job opportunity, you must communicate with the designated Human Resources representative.
If you are contacted by Canada Post regarding a job opportunity or testing, please advise if you require accommodation.
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the requirements as Canada Post cannot make assumptions about your education and experience.
We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Are you interested in this job?