Category: Information Technology
Position ID: J0517-1369
Every day, our passionate employees connect our customers to the world and everything in it – it’s why we exist at Shaw, and it’s why we strive to be the place where the best people choose to work. Our people reflect the richness of our communities, and our culture is inclusive of each individual’s diverse background and perspective, which makes us a stronger team.
At Shaw we believe a diverse workforce fosters diversity of thought and perspective, and more diversity means more solutions. We invite all qualified individuals to apply.
Career Opportunity: Software Developer II
The Software Systems Automation team is located in Calgary, Alberta is currently seeking a Software Developer II to join our team. The Software Systems Automation team is accountable for development and maintenance of the tooling supporting the automation of software deployment and test automation.
Accountabilities / Responsibilities:
• Develop custom automation frameworks and utilize existing test automation technologies to develop automated test suites to be used program-wide
• Develop tooling and frameworks to allow for the continuous delivery and deployment of applications.
• Participate in code reviews
• Take responsibility for the quality of deliverables
• Manage technical issues and the work of other developers and QA analysts on achieving reliable automation deliverables that are quality-focused
• Utilize best practices for use of tooling for environment provisioning and deployment
• Proactively identify areas for improvement, seek solutions and make recommendations
Required Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
• Post-secondary degree or technical diploma in computer science or related field
• 3+ years of progressive experience in software development
• Knowledge of build tools such as Make, Ant, Gradle, MSBuild
• Familiar with container/orchestration technologies such as Docker, Rkt, Kubernetes, Swarm.
• Experience with configuration management tools such as Puppet and RunDeck
• Some experience with test automation tools and frameworks
• Familiar with agile and XP methodologies
• Some experience in database technologies (SQL Server / Oracle)
• Working experience in both Windows and UNIX environments.
• A willingness to work in multiple programming languages and platforms.
• Experience in internet, telephony, wireless, billing, provisioning or mediation systems would be a definite asset
• Team player with excellent communication skills both written and verbal
If you want to be part of something bigger—part of a dynamic team of people who are aligned, focused, and passionate about working together to care for our customers, then we look forward to meeting you! Join us.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted. This position requires the successful completion of a criminal & credit background check.
Shaw Communications, through its third party vendor, collects and stores information applicable to the candidate profile you create when you submit the information asked for below. The use and disclosure of the collected information is for the sole purpose of job search and placement activities for Shaw Communications. The information is subject to Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. The information will be retained and when disposed of, it is done so in a secure manner. Your profile will become inactive and moved to the archive if you do not access your profile for a period of 1 year.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only selected candidates will be contacted. No telephone calls or agencies, please.