SP4 Social Services Worker 4
Two regular, full time vacancies will be filled through this competition
Department of Health, Seniors, and Active Living
Selkirk Mental Health Centre, Provincial Policy and Programs
Advertisement Number: 32973
Salary(s): SP4 $54,943.00 - $76,182.00 per year
Closing Date: June 5, 2017
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary civil service that is inclusive and reflective of the population it serves. We encourage applicants to voluntarily self-declare in the cover letter, resumé or application if they are from any of the following employment equity groups: women, Aboriginal people, visible minorities, and persons with disabilities.
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Aboriginal people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
Selkirk Mental Health Centre is a 252-bed facility that provides long-term mental health in-patient treatment and rehabilitation services to residents of Manitoba and Nunavut whose challenging needs cannot be met elsewhere in the provincial health care system. Programs include Acquired Brain Injury, Acute, Rehabilitation, Geriatric and Forensics. For more information see Selkirk Mental Health Centre.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Search.
- Satisfactory Adult Abuse Registry Check.
- Current registration in good standing with the Manitoba College of Registered Social Workers (MCSW).
- A Bachelor or Master's degree in social work.
- The ability to conduct social work practice with minimum direction and supervision.
- The ability to collaborate effectively as a member of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Strong organizational skills including the capacity to prioritize tasks.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with patients, family members, community partners etc.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Strong written communication skills for the purposes of writing daily notes, reviews, histories, referrals etc.
- Previous experience in mental health, geriatrics, brain injury, rehabilitation or other equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of and the ability to utilize social, family and community resources relevant to practice including rural/northern/Indigenous communities.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Programs including Word, Excel and Outlook.
The incumbent will be a member of a multi-disciplinary team providing delivery of treatment and care to the patients of the Selkirk Mental Health Centre. Duties include gathering social history information upon admission, tracking the course of rehabilitation and developing options for discharge for consideration of the patient, family and treatment team. The social worker performs a liaison role between the Centre, family and community, and may take the lead role and/or serve as case manager within the treatment team. They may be the facilitator for support group education, and provide relevant counselling.
Advertisement # 32973
Civil Service Commission
Human Resource Services
608-330 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 0C4
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.