Shipping and Receiving Clerk
A. Kidd was founded in 1924, we are the largest manufacturer and distributor of home sewing and craft products in Canada. Our more than 45,000 products are found in more than 3,000 fine fabric and craft stores and departments from coast to coast. Our many brands and products are market leaders and our 140 employees are committed to giving our valued customers the highest level of service at all times. Our distribution network is dedicated to fast order turnaround and to virtually next day delivery to all areas of Canada.
A full time day shift position is available for candidates that would like to work as Shipping/Receiving Clerk. Previous shipping / Receiving experience is an asset but will train the right candidate. This Shipping / Receiving job is long term for the right candidate.
- Receive incoming packages, perform inspections of goods received, and route material to correct department.
- Pull stock and organize packages as required.
- General housekeeping tasks within the shipping/receiving area.
- Receive and put away stock shipments
- Restock pick bins
- Maintain pick bins in good condition
- Prepare space and pick bins for new products
- Rearrange layout of pick bins and modify bin sizes as needed for efficient space usage
- Assist with picking large or heavy items
- Basic maintenance such as replacing light bulbs, warehouse shelving assembly/disassembly and repairs
- Inventory counts
- Keep work area clean and safe
- Assist in other duties assigned by supervisor
- Walking, bending, crouching, stairs and step ladders
- Reaching into bins, and overhead
- Repetitive tasks
- Working in a fast paced, high volume environment
- Able to lift up to 60 lbs
- Moving stock with pallet jack and dollies
- Frequent interruptions to help with retrieving stock and filling bins
- Completion of high school with related experience, or an equivalent combination of experience and education
- Use of manual pallet jacks and other basic warehouse stock handling equipment
- Read, write and speak English
- Good oral communication.
- Must be able to read and count accurately, do simple math, and write legibly.
- Must have experience and working knowledge of RF scanner for order picking process.
- Must have great attention to detail.
- Must be able to work well with others.
- High attention to details, capable of accurate work
Personality : Willing to learn and can-do attitude, meticulous, team player, flexible and quick learner.
Education and Experience: High school or equivalent with minimum two years in a comparable role
Compensation : $11.75 per hour
If interested, please apply on the following site: