Date: Dec 5, 2017
JOB NUMBER: 19242
Reporting to the operations manager, transmission and distribution (T&D), you will directly supervise the power system operators. You will ensure that the crew understands the work priorities for their shift and that the correct resources are provided for scheduled tasks.
- Follow all our environment health and safety policies, standards and procedures
- Optimize production by establishing work priorities and providing feedback to the planning, maintenance and reliability teams on equipment performance, planning effectiveness and system concerns
- Coordinate outages with the compliance department and provide them with all required documentation and updates on system conditions as required
- Support daily agreements and coordination of field crews both within T&D and also for other business units to accomplish isolations and restorations
- Supervise contracts and contractors in a manner that ensures that safety and work performance standards are maintained, proper controls exist, resources are handled in a cost effective manner and all business objectives are met
- Ensure that all work is planned and executed according to the predictive and preventative maintenance plans and strategies
- Coordinate the preparation of detailed plans and deliverables to support maintenance and outage/turnaround work scopes
- Define outage and energizing boundaries with respect to equipment that is to be isolated, first energized or restored to service through utilizing single line diagrams, hazardouz energy isolations and switching orders
- Provide the leadership and mentorship to help identify risks items and defined action plans and opportunities for improvement
- Ensure that effective training programs are in place to provide the required skills necessary to sustain reliability and performance goals
Education and Experience
- Three or more years of supervisory experience in an electrical high voltage environment
- Oil and gas or petrochemical industry experience is preferred
- Experience as a control room operator is an asset
- Trade certificate, diploma or technical degree in electrical high voltage systems
- High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED)
- Possess a valid driver’s licence and a clean driving record
Skills and Knowledge
- Thorough knowledge of electrical principals and systems, high voltage switching procedures and the Alberta Electrical Utility Code
- Strong technical knowledge of operations standard methodologies for area assets and the ability to read and interpret single line drawings
- Proficient in directing and leading within a unionized work environment
- You are a highly motivated self-starter with the ability to make decisions with integrity and support company objectives and policies
- You hold others accountable, and expect others to do the same
- You collaborate with others in order to achieve the best results and deliver the most value
- This position has been identified as safety sensitive
- The shift schedule is a six days on/six days off rotation
- If you reside outside of Fort McMurray, relocation of your primary residence to within 60 km of Fort McMurray is mandatory
- Relocation support will be provided; we offer highly competitive housing assistance to eligible candidates
Go ahead. Expect growth. We want you to have a job you're genuinely excited about - as well as opportunities to learn and challenge yourself or mentor others. Plus, Suncor Energy offers a flexible employee package that can be adjusted to suit the changing needs of your life, including:
- Competitive base salary and compensation programs
- Attractive annual incentive program
- Flexible benefits package
- Rewarding pension and savings plans
Our mission to create energy for a better world begins with caring about the communities we live and work in, while responding to your interests and concerns. Read our Suncor Connections newsletter to see how we're living up to our commitment to keeping you informed.
Suncor Energy is Canada's energy company - meaning rewarding opportunities for you to apply your knowledge, contribute and grow in a variety of career-building positions. Our business portfolio spans the entire energy sector, from a leadership position in oil sands development, to refining and marketing operations, natural gas, and conventional oil production, internationally and offshore East Coast Canada.
And while we are working to responsibly develop petroleum resources and contribute to the communities where we live and work, we are also developing our renewable energy portfolio, which includes wind power and biofuels.
As part of Suncor's team, you'll contribute to the ongoing success of Canada's largest energy company - one with a solid track record of growth, a focus on safety and sustainability and tremendous potential for the future. And you'll have the opportunity to learn from experts in the industry and build on your skills every day.
Suncor promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Suncor is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Suncor is committed to accessibility and accommodations will be provided to applicants upon request. At Suncor, we are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Not sure if this particular listing is the right opportunity for you? Please join our Talent Community at www.suncor.com and click on Careers, or follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter for the latest job listings and employment news.
Please note that our job postings are typically open for two weeks, so if you are interested and qualified, apply now.