Canlan Ice Sports York’s Thirsty Penguin is currently looking for a Shift Supervisor
A hands-on supervisor, managing the day-to-day operations of the restaurant in a professional manner. Provide leadership for all staff. Ensure the food preparation, portion sizes and presentation to our guest is consistent. Ensure customer service exceeds guest’s expectations. Controls product costs and ensure there are no variances in cash or inventories during the shift.
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Has proficient computer skills in the SQUIRREL system, handling payments, making change, handling gratuities, processing voids etc.
- Is SMART Serve (or equivalent) certified.
- Is aware of and actively promotes "specials / go with items".
- Has a developed knowledge of menu items.
- Ensures all opening / closing procedures are completed (shift dependant).
- Receiving of products.
- Safe & sanitary storing of products.
- Has a developed knowledge of beverages.
- Has a developed knowledge of tableware, bar tools & equipment.
- Maintains effective inventory controls of bar products.
QUALIFICATIONS / SPECIAL SKILLS:
- Willingness and ability to work flexible hours (evenings & weekends).
- Outgoing positive personality.
- Team oriented.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Minimum three years previous Food & Beverage experience required.
- Prior staff leadership background preferred.
- Minimum high school graduation.
- Food Safe Certification preferred.
- Smart Serve (or equivalent) required.
If you are interested in this position and becoming part of the Canlan team, please apply online.
ONTARIO CAREER OPPORTUNITIES: In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Canlan Ice Sports will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Canlan of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation. Thank you.