Kin’s Farm Market is currently looking for Full-Time Shift Leaders to work in our stores located in North Vancouver: Lynn Valley (LYN), Capilano Mall (CAP) and Lonsdale Quay (LNQ).
Reporting to the Store Manager, this position is responsible for performing the following duties on the scheduled days of work.
Reporting to the assigned Store Manager or to the designated Assistant Store Manager, this entry level management position supervises and coordinates the activities of Sales Associates, is responsible for opening and closing the store, provides customer service, performs the full range of cashier duties and necessary stocking duties as well as other duties required at a Kin’s Farm Market.
The Shift Leader’s responsibilities and duties include but are not limited to the following:
– Trains, supervises and coordinates activities of Sales Associates according to- Kin’s policies and procedures
– Plans and supervises store opening and/or closing routine, follows up on opening and closing checklists; ensures suitable products are displayed properly during closing for the next morning store opening
– Acts as a role model and motivates and guides Sales Associates to provide excellent customer service in order to reach organizational goals and objectives.
– Maintains the company and store image according to Kin’s policies and procedures
– Greet customers and creates a friendly shopping atmosphere
– Provides information to customers and answers their questions and inquiries about products, procedures or policies
– Promotes products, such as seasonal items or specials, by performing product promotions to customers through sampling (and cooking demonstration, if required) and closes the sale
– Resolves problems that arise such as customer complaints and supply shortages
– Operates cash registers, point of sale equipment and other equipment for processing transactions
– Receives and processes payments by cash, cheque, credit card or automatic debit accurately
– Calculates total payments received at the end of work shift and reconciles with total sales
– Balances the till at the end of the shift and prepares reports regarding cash balances
– Maintains the accuracy of the store’s daily sales record and cash balance (including money in the safe and change box) and minimizes cash shortages
– Authorizes payments by cheque and the return of merchandise
– Weighs produce and bulk goods, wraps and places merchandise in bags
– Receives, unloads and unpacks products and counts, weighs and sorts them according to company receiving procedures
– Ensures displays are full at all times and shelves are stocked with good quality products in all sections including, the Front, Middle, Outside and Veggie Section.
– Cashier Counter, Reduced and Side Sections according to Kin’s procedures
– Directs employees and leads by example to clean premises including front and back of store, eating area, office, washroom, floor, cooler, kitchen and cutting table. Monitors and maintains maintenance log records
– Maintains inventory of store supplies within budget to ensure supplies are sufficiently equipped for the sales floor
– Assists with inventory control and spoilage control and ensures proper tracking in the different company logs
Qualifications for this position
– Well organized with attention to details
– Able to motivate and coach employees
– Able to interact with customers in a friendly and cheerful manner
– Able to work independently and as a member of a team
– Lift 30 to 50lbs boxes periodically throughout the day
– Some supervisory experience is an asset
– Able to speak a second language is an asset
– Completion of secondary school education
– Food Safe Training is an asset
We offer the successful applicant competitive salary (commensurate with experience), career advancement opportunity (Assistant Manager & Store Manager Training Programs), vacation pay, paid sick leave and employee discount.
If you are interested in the above position and possess the qualification and competency which we are looking for, please apply by sending your resume by email via firstname.lastname@example.org and include the quote “SL-LYN, SL- CAP or SL-LNQ (your preferred working location)” in the subject line of your resume and cover letter.
We thank everyone who is interested, please note that only selected candidates will be contacted for further processing.