Category: Information Technology
Position ID: J0417-0984
Every day, our passionate employees connect our customers to the world and everything in it – it’s why we exist at Shaw, and it’s why we strive to be the place where the best people choose to work. Our people reflect the richness of our communities, and our culture is inclusive of each individual’s diverse background and perspective, which makes us a stronger team.
At Shaw we believe a diverse workforce fosters diversity of thought and perspective, and more diversity means more solutions. We invite all qualified individuals to apply.
Career Opportunity: ERP/ Sr. Solution Architect
At Shaw Communications, we have an exciting permanent full time opportunity for an ERP/Sr. Solution Architect based out of our Calgary office reporting to the Director, Enterprise Architecture and Enablement. This role will be instrumental in the implementation of new ERP and Enterprise solution initiatives at Shaw.
We are looking for a results-oriented individual with experience working as a solution architect in the Oracle ERP space who also has capabilities to perform additional solution architecture and who can contribute at the Enterprise Architecture table. The ERP/Sr. Solution Architect will be accountable for understanding current-state architecture, establishing the target-state architecture, and transitioning the organization towards target-state.
• Provides focus and leadership to the Enterprise domain architecture practice
• Deliver quality solutions that meet business requirements and align with long-term Enterprise Architecture and Enterprise domain roadmaps
• Engage as a member of project teams and provide technical direction for project teams in the implementation of Enterprise platforms
• Provide solution design support for other domain architecture teams (BSS, OSS, Digital, Network)
• Adhere to the technology strategy defined by Enterprise Architecture
• Produce artifacts to support designs
• Participate in the collaborative architecture governance process
• Participate in Enterprise domain roadmaps
• Participate in Enterprise Architecture planning
• Works effectively within the Enterprise Architecture team to establish and meet business goals
• Delivers and maintains the architectural vision for select application domain & business capabilities
• Develops roadmaps that transition to target-state architecture and build required capabilities
• Ensures that programs and projects maintain alignment with business priorities and objectives
• Enables consensus amongst stakeholders
• Keeps up to date on current architecture methodologies and best practices as well as industry trends in technology and business capabilities
Required Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
• At least 8 years of experience planning, designing and implementing enterprise-level business systems and processes
• Experience designing and delivering on HRIS and ERP strategy and architecture is an asset
• Experience designing and delivering on data or integration strategy and architecture is an asset
• A proven track record of developing and implementing solution architectures for complex user-facing systems
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent post-secondary education in Computer Science
• Demonstrated knowledge and ability to apply different design patterns in appropriate ways
• Ability to justify pros and cons of one architecture approach from another
• Experience working with cloud architectures and cloud solutions including: IAAS, PAAS, SAAS
• Familiarity with security and network architecture, design and performance
• Provide technical thought leadership while working closely with clients having both technical and non-technical backgrounds
• 3 or more years of industry experience in cable or telecom would be beneficial
• Demonstrated experience in interacting with senior leadership, both technical and non-technical backgrounds
• Excellent communications skills and proven ability to influence
• Demonstrated experience in architecture documentation including roadmaps, decision documents, architectural synopsis, etc.
• Experience with Oracle ERP (EBS 11i, 10.7), Oracle Cloud ERP and supporting stack (database, middleware, etc.)
• Experience with REST and SOAP based architectures
• Experience with SOA analysis and design
• Experience with web-services and micro-services
• Experience with Amazon Web Services, AWS related technologies and cloud technologies in general
If you want to be part of something bigger—part of a dynamic team of people who are aligned, focused, and passionate about working together to care for our customers, then we look forward to meeting you! Join us.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted. This position requires the successful completion of a criminal & credit background check.
Shaw Communications, through its third party vendor, collects and stores information applicable to the candidate profile you create when you submit the information asked for below. The use and disclosure of the collected information is for the sole purpose of job search and placement activities for Shaw Communications. The information is subject to Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. The information will be retained and when disposed of, it is done so in a secure manner. Your profile will become inactive and moved to the archive if you do not access your profile for a period of 1 year.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only selected candidates will be contacted. No telephone calls or agencies, please.