Date: Jun 18, 2017
JOB NUMBER: 13303
Reporting to the director, enterprise architecture, you will develop strategic roadmaps for the downstream portfolio in alignment with our information technology (IT) strategy. You will also bring your innovative technology mindset to provide technical leadership to the downstream portfolio and work with a distributed architecture team to develop the architecture practice, drive overall standards and shape projects in the downstream domain to enable business technology strategies within Suncor.
- Work with downstream leadership teams to review architecture and portfolio for architecture alignment of information and process management (I&PM) architectures to business needs to lead business expectations and articulate how architectures can support business operational performance
- Explore industry trends and best practices to identify new and leading IT and enterprise architecture direction and identify technology opportunities to deliver operational efficiencies and viable advantage to a business domain
- Analyze enterprise business drivers to establish corresponding change requirements and investigate the IT environment to detect critical deficiencies and recommend solutions for improvement
- Document and maintain the business domain architecture(s) including actionable conceptual and logical architectural designs using established enterprise and application design patterns
- Build positive relationships within a matrix environment to deliver key objectives by engaging peers, the business and technical teams and hold parties accountable for updating reference architectures and standards, prioritizing demand and finalizing decisions related to portfolio activities and architectural alignment
- Establish and maintain communication with downstream client groups and clearly communicate architectural risks to partners in a clear way
- Build and manage the enterprise architecture solution review process and develop a road map of the evolution of the portfolio applications from current to future state
- Perform complex architectural assessments supporting business case development, application architecture development, technology decisions, and process optimization activities
- Deliver appropriate project oversight to the solution architects assigned to downstream projects and programs under your portfolio and confirm solutions are successfully implemented and achieve the desired business outcomes
- Ten or more years of experience designing and leading creative architecture solutions, preferably for downstream assets
- Highly proficient in generating technical roadmaps and architectures to lead architecture concepts for the downstream business unit
- Post-secondary education preferably in computer science, software engineering, or management information systems
- Professional certification as an architect with an industry-recognized organization (IBM) is an advantage
- Certification in enterprise architecture such as the open group architecture framework (TOGAF) is beneficial
Skills and Knowledge:
- Deep understanding of business architecture standards and policies, retail solutions and architectures
- Advanced knowledge of architecture tools, processes and procedures
- Ability to interpret and communicate IT related information and concepts into business language
- Superb vendor management, customer service and business relationship skills with both internal and external clients
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to openly identify architectural consequences to relevant parties across the organization
- This is a Mississauga based position at our Sheridan Park office
- Extra hours may be occasionally required in order to meet critical deadlines or schedules
Go ahead. Expect growth. We want you to have a job you're genuinely excited about - as well as opportunities to learn and challenge yourself or mentor others. Plus, Suncor Energy offers a flexible employee package that can be adjusted to suit the changing needs of your life, including:
- Competitive base salary and compensation programs
- Attractive annual incentive program
- Flexible benefits package
- Rewarding pension and savings plans
Suncor Energy is Canada's energy company - meaning rewarding opportunities for you to apply your knowledge, contribute and grow in a variety of career-building positions. Our business portfolio spans the entire energy sector, from a leadership position in oil sands development, to refining and marketing operations, natural gas, and conventional oil production, internationally and offshore East Coast Canada.
And while we are working to responsibly develop petroleum resources and contribute to the communities where we live and work, we are also developing our renewable energy portfolio, which includes wind power and biofuels.
As part of Suncor's team, you'll contribute to the ongoing success of Canada's largest energy company - one with a solid track record of growth, a focus on safety and sustainability and tremendous potential for the future. And you'll have the opportunity to learn from experts in the industry and build on your skills every day.
Suncor is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Not sure if this particular listing is the right opportunity for you? Please join our Talent Community at www.suncor.com and click on Careers, or follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter for the latest job listings and employment news.
Please note that our job postings are typically open for two weeks, so if you are interested and qualified, apply now.