Date: Jun 2, 2017
JOB NUMBER: 15303
Reporting to the manager health and wellness, site services, you will provide subject matter expertise on the site services programs and services across the enterprise to assure quality and integrity to meet regulatory and business requirements. You will be responsible for program initiatives, development and updating of standards of practice ensuring alignment with health and wellness (H&W) program delivery models (i.e. IDM and A&D).
- Develop, improve and maintain standards, policies & guidelines and training pertaining to H&W site services programs (i.e. onsite first aid and emergency medical response, risk based health assessments, wellness strategies & initiatives, emerging issues, ergonomics program and Medgate information system)
- Perform audits to ensure value and integrity of site services programs across the enterprise meeting regulatory and business requirements
- Provision of site services programs and services (occupational health & wellness) for Calgary based workers (e.g. face to face health consultations, ergonomics and annual influenza campaign)
- Liaise with a variety of stakeholders within Suncor and externally including regulatory organizations (e.g. Provincial colleges of nursing such as College and Association of Registered Nurses of Alberta CARNA and OH&S)
- Working reciprocally with and provide subject matter expertise for H&W site services programs and services
Experience and Education:
- Three years or more of nursing experience with a minimum 3 years recent occupational health experience in an industrial setting is preferred.
- Baccalaureate degree in nursing is preferred and/or a nursing diploma with relevant work experience will be considered
- Registered nurse with current CARNA registration
- Occupational nurse certificate/diploma and registration with a Canadian association is preferred
Skills and Knowledge:
- Possesses technical knowledge of health and wellness programs, standards and processes – including disability case management, return to work programs, medical surveillance and wellness programs as well as emergency services and first aid (treatment room) medical principles, concepts, practices, standards, and regulations
- Strategic with the ability to think from a broad perspective and understanding long term implications and impact
- Analytical, problem solving skills and independent judgment to provide creative solutions to complex issues and flexibility to shift focus
- Ability to influence and to implement both enterprise and business-requested changes without direct line authority utilizing professional written and verbal communication skills
- Computer proficient and experience with SAP, Medgate GX2, and Microsoft Office Suite is beneficial
- The role is a Monday to Friday, primarily office based in Calgary with a requirement for field visits
Go ahead. Expect growth. We want you to have a job you're genuinely excited about - as well as opportunities to learn and challenge yourself or mentor others. Plus, Suncor Energy offers a flexible employee package that can be adjusted to suit the changing needs of your life, including:
- Competitive base salary and compensation programs
- Attractive annual incentive program
- Flexible benefits package
- Rewarding pension and savings plans
Suncor Energy is Canada's energy company - meaning rewarding opportunities for you to apply your knowledge, contribute and grow in a variety of career-building positions. Our business portfolio spans the entire energy sector, from a leadership position in oil sands development, to refining and marketing operations, natural gas, and conventional oil production, internationally and offshore East Coast Canada.
And while we are working to responsibly develop petroleum resources and contribute to the communities where we live and work, we are also developing our renewable energy portfolio, which includes wind power and biofuels.
As part of Suncor's team, you'll contribute to the ongoing success of Canada's largest energy company - one with a solid track record of growth, a focus on safety and sustainability and tremendous potential for the future. And you'll have the opportunity to learn from experts in the industry and build on your skills every day.
Suncor promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Suncor is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. At Suncor, we are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communitities in which we live, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Not sure if this particular listing is the right opportunity for you? Please join our Talent Community at www.suncor.com and click on Careers, or follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter for the latest job listings and employment news.
Please note that our job postings are typically open for two weeks, so if you are interested and qualified, apply now.