Category: Information Technology
Position ID: J0617-0086
Every day, our passionate employees connect our customers to the world and everything in it – it’s why we exist at Shaw, and it’s why we strive to be the place where the best people choose to work. Our people reflect the richness of our communities, and our culture is inclusive of each individual’s diverse background and perspective, which makes us a stronger team.
At Shaw we believe a diverse workforce fosters diversity of thought and perspective, and more diversity means more solutions. We invite all qualified individuals to apply.
Career Opportunity: Senior Business Analyst
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Business Analyst in our Calgary office. The successful candidate will be accountable for working with various stakeholder groups, quality assurance analysts, developers, and project managers to ensure quality products are delivered to the business. You must have a desire/willingness to investigate and learn new skills/concepts/tools and be a self-starter.
• Building & Validating Requirements:
o Captures business features and develop appropriate documentation for projects delivering Business-critical systems, in accordance with the Shaw Project Methodology
o Collaborate, define, and prepare user stories with project teams and business users
o Facilitates & assists the business in prioritizing (and re-prioritizing) user stories and feature development
• Distinguishes between user requests and underlying needs
• At ease presenting to and working alongside various levels of the organization
• Identifies risks and recommends mitigation strategies
• Presents compelling recommendations based on facts and confirmed requirements
• Evaluates information from multiple sources
• Decomposes high level information to detail as aggregate detail to high-level information
• Raises and pursues root problems; probes with clarifying questions
• Skillfully changes direction when presented with new information
• Funnels creative recommendations into practical solutions
Listens actively & suspends judgment
• Encourages team members/stakeholders to be inventive and to take appropriate risks when presenting recommendations
• Is proactive when communicating potentially critical/political/challenging recommendations
• Fosters a spirit of creative collaboration by giving team members/stakeholders a common focus
• Collaborates with project teams to ensure projects are delivered to meet business requirements
• Builds and maintain relationships with the project business stakeholders and business partners, including vendors
• Provides support to the Quality Assurance Analysts in the creation of acceptance criteria and execution of formal test plans
• Provides support to Developers to ensure coding supports business objectives and requirements
• Provides support to User Experience Practitioners in the definition and validation of wireframes and usability exercises
• Provides leadership and hands-on contribution in the areas of training and post-implementation support
• Provides leadership in projects as necessary to ensure project success
• Proven positive, “can-do” attitude and customer-focused approach that will enable the candidate to deal with challenging situations with integrity, empathy, and sincerity
If you want to be part of something bigger—part of a dynamic team of people who are aligned, focused, and passionate about working together to care for our customers, then we look forward to meeting you! Join us.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted. This position requires the successful completion of a criminal and credit background check.
Shaw Communications, through its third party vendor, collects and stores information applicable to the candidate profile you create when you submit the information asked for below. The use and disclosure of the collected information is for the sole purpose of job search and placement activities for Shaw Communications. The information is subject to Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. The information will be retained and when disposed of, it is done so in a secure manner. Your profile will become inactive and moved to the archive if you do not access your profile for a period of 1 year.