Reports to: Regional Director, Community Engagement Manitoba/Saskatchewan
Department: Community Engagement
THE HEART AND STROKE FOUNDATION
Life. We don’t want you to miss it. Saving moments. Funding breakthroughs. Saving lives.
The Heart & Stroke leads the fight against heart disease and stroke. Powered by donors and volunteers, we fund life-saving research and help Canadians lead healthier lives.
Heart & Stroke is a health charity active in communities across the country. We are sustained by the commitment and generosity of more than 125,000 volunteers and more than 1.4 million donors.
We are looking for a charismatic, hands-on, successful sales/fundraising leader to deliver the Foundation’s community based fundraising and volunteer development programs. The Senior Area Manager will ensure that the community engagement team is motivated and high performing and together will deliver on the annual fund-raising goals. Following well-established fundraising metrics and deliverables (in programs such as Big Bike, Jump Rope for Heart, Door to Door Campaigns), a well-organized, results-oriented Senior Area Manager will be instrumental in the success of the community programs.
Fundraising and Community Engagement
- Meet fundraising goals for the area office including the overall goal and program goals for each key community based fund raising program. Annual fundraising goal: $1,400,000 plus
- Develop strategies to strengthen business/community relationships to support fundraising opportunities
Develop strategies for growing community presence and reach through fundraising and health promotion initiatives
- Ensure the area office develops a strong volunteer structure to support the effective delivery of community activities
- Recruit, orient, support and develop an appropriate mix of volunteers
Operations, Business Planning and Budget Management
- Identify and analyze potential opportunities for growth through effective business and strategic analysis
- Complete detailed reviews of area office spending, revenue and key business indicators against budget
- Ensure accurate and timely accounting and reporting of revenue and expenses
Human Resources Management
- Lead the development of an effective and high performing area office team, providing clear direction on business goals and priorities
- Establish individual performance plans and objective
- Provide coaching and feedback to direct reports ensuring team members are well supported in fulfilling their accountabilities and developing their skills.
- College/University certificate/diploma
Experience and Skills
- 2 – 5 years fundraising experience with a track record of successful business development
- 2 - 5 years people management experience
- Experience in sales and/or not-for profit industry
- Business planning and budgeting
- Problem solving skills– identifies and thinks through all possible solutions
- Self motivated- works independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- Strong analytic skills with accountability for results - taking action and ownership to address obstacles and overcome barriers, identifying possible options and alternatives and delivering results within tight timelines
- Possess superior organizational skills in planning, executing and completing projects by agreed deadlines
- Access to personal vehicle and flexibility to travel within area office region
- Proficient PC skills with MS Office and Windows XP
- Ability to work evenings and weekends
If you have the qualifications, want to work with a great team and share our passion for our mission, we invite you to forward your resume and cover letter to Sue Ward, Regional Manager, Human Resources at email@example.com. Please include the exact job title, including location, in the subject line of your email.
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. If you have been contacted for an interview and require an accommodation due to disability to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise us and we will work with you to meet your needs.