Date: Feb 7, 2018
JOB NUMBER: 18544
Are you passionate about information security and have a background in security governance and optimization? If so, we have a great opportunity for you, reporting to the team leader, security operations, you will be responsible for overseeing our security event monitoring, analysis and incident response.
- Provide leadership and direction for vendors under a managed security service (MSS) business model
- Manage service levels, business outcomes and maximize the value of existing MSS contracts
- Develop and maintain leading practices in security event monitoring, vulnerability management and incident response
- Coordinate intrusion detection system, security information, and event management system and related monitoring services (such as advanced threat detection, file integrity, web traffic inspection, anti-virus, spam filtering)
- Provide incident handling leadership during new and unforeseen cyber-attacks
- Build relationships with other Suncor security groups to ensure effective communications during times of crisis
- Engage with business stakeholders to understand the operational context for security operations
- Maintain engagement with external security bodies to keep up to date with security threats, tactics, lessons and best practices
- Seek and implement improvements to security practices, risk-based decision-making and security tool effectiveness
Experience and Education:
- 10 years of experience in information security with three years of supervisory experience leading a team or third party vendor
- University degree in computer science or a related discipline is preferred
- Certification in any of the following are considered an asset: Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), SANS
- High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED)
Skills and Knowledge:
- You possess strong working knowledge of security tools such as firewalls, IDS/IPS, A/V and anti-spam
- Familiarity with Microsoft Windows, Linux/Unix and network system administration, security controls including common security baselines like NIST and CIS
- Understanding of methodology used in performing security incident response
- Excellent verbal and written communication; strong inter-personal skills with ability to oversee and help shape vendors performance
- You value integrity and hold others accountable, and expect others to do the same
- Infrequent travel may be required between Calgary and Mississauga based on business need
Go ahead. Expect growth. We want you to have a job you're genuinely excited about - as well as opportunities to learn and challenge yourself or mentor others. Plus, Suncor Energy offers a flexible employee package that can be adjusted to suit the changing needs of your life, including:
- Competitive base salary and compensation programs
- Attractive annual incentive program
- Flexible benefits package
- Rewarding pension and savings plans
Our mission to create energy for a better world begins with caring about the communities we live and work in, while responding to your interests and concerns. Read our Suncor Connections newsletter to see how we're living up to our commitment to keeping you informed.
Suncor Energy is Canada's energy company - meaning rewarding opportunities for you to apply your knowledge, contribute and grow in a variety of career-building positions. Our business portfolio spans the entire energy sector, from a leadership position in oil sands development, to refining and marketing operations, natural gas, and conventional oil production, internationally and offshore East Coast Canada.
And while we are working to responsibly develop petroleum resources and contribute to the communities where we live and work, we are also developing our renewable energy portfolio, which includes wind power and biofuels.
As part of Suncor's team, you'll contribute to the ongoing success of Canada's largest energy company - one with a solid track record of growth, a focus on safety and sustainability and tremendous potential for the future. And you'll have the opportunity to learn from experts in the industry and build on your skills every day.
Suncor promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Suncor is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Suncor is committed to accessibility and accommodations will be provided to applicants upon request. At Suncor, we are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Not sure if this particular listing is the right opportunity for you? Please join our Talent Community at www.suncor.com and click on Careers, or follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter for the latest job listings and employment news.
Please note that our job postings are typically open for two weeks, so if you are interested and qualified, apply now.