Date: Jun 1, 2017
JOB NUMBER: 15366
Reporting to the manager, market intelligence, you will provide key support in developing recommendations that drive supply chain management (SCM) category strategies and activities. You will be responsible for developing category, sub-category, vendor, market and trend insights which SCM teams can leverage and synthesize information from diverse sources to build deliverables outlining strategic insights/opportunities.
- Independently conduct market research, company modeling and analytical functions
- Review analyses and contribute to the formation of timely and appropriate strategy components for SCM category management
- Develop and deliver cost models to support key SCM processes
- Provide monitoring and forecasts of relevant market data to SCM partners and other parts of organization
- Understanding and applying market inputs to produce relevant projections taking into account of qualitative and quantitative data
- Build and deliver relevant industry knowledge through tracking financial and market activity from various sources
- Collaborate with other SCM departments and business areas within Suncor to support and analyze market dynamics
Experience and Education
- Five, or more, years of relevant financial experience
- Previous experience in market research, investment banking, corporate finance or similar is an asset
- Bachelor degree, preferably in economics, business, engineering, science, accounting or finance
- A bachelor of science with an MBA/CFA would be considered
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required (this will be verified)
Skills and Knowledge
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel; knowledge of SAP, or a similar enterprise software
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal) which allows you to partner and communicate effectively with remote partners and key business contacts
- Organized with the ability to prioritize and handle contending priorities
- Detail oriented with excellent analytical problem solving and decision making skills
- You possess a continuous improvement mindset especially in the area of process improvement
- This position is based in Calgary working a Monday – Friday schedule
Go ahead. Expect growth. We want you to have a job you're genuinely excited about - as well as opportunities to learn and challenge yourself or mentor others. Plus, Suncor Energy offers a flexible employee package that can be adjusted to suit the changing needs of your life, including:
- Competitive base salary and compensation programs
- Attractive annual incentive program
- Flexible benefits package
- Rewarding pension and savings plans
Suncor Energy is Canada's energy company - meaning rewarding opportunities for you to apply your knowledge, contribute and grow in a variety of career-building positions. Our business portfolio spans the entire energy sector, from a leadership position in oil sands development, to refining and marketing operations, natural gas, and conventional oil production, internationally and offshore East Coast Canada.
And while we are working to responsibly develop petroleum resources and contribute to the communities where we live and work, we are also developing our renewable energy portfolio, which includes wind power and biofuels.
As part of Suncor's team, you'll contribute to the ongoing success of Canada's largest energy company - one with a solid track record of growth, a focus on safety and sustainability and tremendous potential for the future. And you'll have the opportunity to learn from experts in the industry and build on your skills every day.
Suncor promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Suncor is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. At Suncor, we are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communitities in which we live, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Not sure if this particular listing is the right opportunity for you? Please join our Talent Community at www.suncor.com and click on Careers, or follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter for the latest job listings and employment news.
Please note that our job postings are typically open for two weeks, so if you are interested and qualified, apply now.