Date: Feb 13, 2018
JOB NUMBER: 18801
Reporting to the manager, tax compliance, finance, you will support the Canadian income tax compliance and tax audit function by interacting with business units and functions on relevant matters and projects as well as supporting income tax audit dealings.
- Finalize monthly tax provision process
- Compose Canadian corporate income tax returns to include provision calculations and analysis of variances
- Formulation of monthly tax expenses and tax liability account reconciliations and continuity schedules
- Support the application of IAS 12 for reporting purposes
- Provision of tax working papers to external auditors and respond to the Canada Revenue Agency’s (CRA) audit requests and queries
- Sponsor special projects related to tax compliance matters
Education and Experience
- Minimum seven years of financial and tax accounting work experience
- Bachelor degree in finance or accounting
- Completion of recognized accounting designation (CA, CPA, CMA, CGA)
- In-depth tax course level 1 and 2 completed with level 3 completion preferable
Skills and Knowledge
- Proficient computer skills, specifically in excel and a working knowledge of SAP is an asset
- Deep understanding of tax function combined with advanced analytical and financial accounting skills
- Self- starter, with high attention to detail and ability to work under pressure to meet reporting and filing deadlines
- Excellent time management and organizational skills to effectively handle a diverse workload
- Problem solver utilizing critical thinking, good judgment, and proven ability to make important decisions
- This position is located in Calgary, Alberta at the Suncor Energy Centre
Go ahead. Expect growth. We want you to have a job you're genuinely excited about - as well as opportunities to learn and challenge yourself or mentor others. Plus, Suncor Energy offers a flexible employee package that can be adjusted to suit the changing needs of your life, including:
- Competitive base salary and compensation programs
- Attractive annual incentive program
- Flexible benefits package
- Rewarding pension and savings plans
Our mission to create energy for a better world begins with caring about the communities we live and work in, while responding to your interests and concerns. Read our Suncor Connections newsletter to see how we're living up to our commitment to keeping you informed.
Suncor Energy is Canada's energy company - meaning rewarding opportunities for you to apply your knowledge, contribute and grow in a variety of career-building positions. Our business portfolio spans the entire energy sector, from a leadership position in oil sands development, to refining and marketing operations, natural gas, and conventional oil production, internationally and offshore East Coast Canada.
And while we are working to responsibly develop petroleum resources and contribute to the communities where we live and work, we are also developing our renewable energy portfolio, which includes wind power and biofuels.
As part of Suncor's team, you'll contribute to the ongoing success of Canada's largest energy company - one with a solid track record of growth, a focus on safety and sustainability and tremendous potential for the future. And you'll have the opportunity to learn from experts in the industry and build on your skills every day.
Suncor promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Suncor is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Suncor is committed to accessibility and accommodations will be provided to applicants upon request. At Suncor, we are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Not sure if this particular listing is the right opportunity for you? Please join our Talent Community at www.suncor.com and click on Careers, or follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter for the latest job listings and employment news.
Please note that our job postings are typically open for two weeks, so if you are interested and qualified, apply now.