Date: Dec 30, 2017
Req Id 66010
We are currently looking for 50 security officers in search of experience that will be willing to work on call to meet our future needs in the greater Vancouver regional district.
As security officer, you will be asked to move to different contracts to meet the specific requests of our clients on a variety of assignments which may include permanent accounts, specials events, holiday replacement and book offs. It is a great opportunity for junior candidate that are looking to gain experience as a security officer and eventually get a permanent position with GardaWorld!
If available 24/7 and willing to work, you may easily get 40hours a week!
Our protective services protect people, property and reputation of more than 5000 customers in over 140 cities in Canada.
A $1000 Signing Bonus Is Being Offered To The Successful Candidate
What we offer you:
* Regular wages up to $13.75 depending the assignments
* Assigned hours on a weekly basis
* Full time positions will be available based on performance and flexibility
* Paid on-the-job training
* Corporate Rebates (Home/Car Insurance, Travel, Arts and Entertainment, Travel, Shopping)
* Ongoing training available
* Medical benefits after 90 days
* Free uniform
You will be responsible of:
* Interior and exterior patrols
* Enforcing property rules, city bi-laws, and other applicable laws
* Deterring and responding to incidents on property
* Maintaining a presence to ensure the safety and security of all persons on site
* Completing reports and memo book entries on a regular basis
* Responding to various types of emergencies (fire alarms/elevator entrapments/medical emergencies)
* Making arrests as required-training provided
* Working in a variety of settings including but not limited to: special events, commercial properties, retail, industrial environment and mobile positions
* Responding quickly and effectively when required to ensure outstanding quality service
* Valid British Columbia security guard licence
* Excellent English communication skills both written and verbal (candidates will be tested)
* Valid First Aid/CPR, or willingness to obtain
* Excellent customer service skills
* Access to vehicle and possession of Class 5 Driving licence will be considered an asset
* Availability 24 hours a day, 7 days a week will be an asset
* Must be available on short notice when required and able to work on all shifts
* Must be willing to participate in emergency response training
Interested? Join our winning team!
GardaWorld is the largest privately-owned security services company in the world. We are doing more, for more clients, in more places across the globe. We provide security services for Canada’s largest retail, industrial and commercial companies. We work in partnership with our clients to ensure the safety and security of their employees and the public.
We are an equal opportunity employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, handicap disability or any other protected status.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however we will communicate only with the selected candidates.