WE is a movement that brings people together and gives them the tools to change the world. Our vision is to shift the world from “me” to “we.” Our mission is to empower all people to change the world, locally and globally, achieving transformative outcomes for themselves and others.
WE is seeking a Scrum Master to join its Technology team.
This individual must be passionate and committed to the core beliefs of the organization—the WE.org Philosophy.
The position is based out of WE’s office in Toronto.
- Passionate about Agile principles and values
- Committed to continuously learning and improving
- Excited about being part of an organizational transformation where technology is a major driver
- Focused on maximizing the delivery of business value
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Be part of a dynamic team that is based on Agile principles – self managing teams, continuous improvement and iterative development
- Facilitate the scrum ceremonies including retrospectives and drive the implementation of process improvements in future sprint cycles, focusing on maximizing deliver efficiency
- Work with a team whose focus is to create best-in-class product and user experience
- Measure and team KPI and manage reporting of velocity, burndown charts, ect.
- Coach teams to deliver consistently and reliably.
- Champion the Agile mindset throughout the organization
- Be part of a mentoring relationship with other technologists in the organization
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Strong understanding of the SDLC
- Previous experience as scrum master or agile coach
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience with Jira or an equivalent issue management system
What makes us unique…
Social entrepreneurs Marc Kielburger and Craig Kielburger co-founded WE and WE Charity (formerly Free The Children) 20 years ago and have grown it into a family of organizations, including WE Day and ME to WE. WE Charity was among the first organizations in Canada to turn philanthropy on its head by creating a legally distinct social enterprise, ME to WE. Through the social enterprise, 50% of the profits support WE Charity, while the rest is reinvested in the social enterprise.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and welcomes all interested parties to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We sincerely thank all those who apply, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.