Date: Oct 11, 2017
Req Id 73381
RAISING THE BAR
With more than 45,000 professionals globally, clients count on us to help them proceed in business and in life with confidence. Our commitment to place integrity first, aspire to higher standards, develop innovative solutions, and provide customer value continues to differentiate us. Garda is one of the most trusted consulting, investigation and security firms in the world, with operations across Canada and the United States, Latin America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and Asia.
This is a unique chance to team up with the Garda team, one of the most trusted consulting, investigation and security firms in the world.
Would you like to take up exciting challenges, be part of a growing firm, and team up with dynamic colleagues? Now is the time to join one of the fastest growing companies in security!
We are currently hiring:
Screening Point Managers for the Pearson International Airport in Toronto, Ontario.
REPORTING TO: Operations Manager
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Screening Point Manager is responsible for the efficient and effective
management of the day-to-day screening checkpoint operations. This includes managing all unionized staff to
support working at their designated checkpoints by providing direction, leadership, mentoring, coaching and
correction, progressive discipline and training to ensure optimal customer service and safety for the traveling public.
Tasks and duties
* Managing and evaluating every part of the Screening Officers routine in order to ensure, day in and day out,
* that the Standard Operating Procedures are respected in order to protect our National Security
* Managing the performance of the screening services to ensure they are consistently performing to the highest standards
* Managing the screening operations of persons, property and belongings that may be present, or be presented for screening consistency in the manner and under the circumstances as prescribed by the client
* Coordinating breaks and movement of Screening Officers to maximize efficiency of screening in conjunction with passenger volumes
* .Directing the workforce by adjusting Screening Officer allocation and deployment at each screening checkpoint to optimize scheduling and maximize the productivity of Screening Officer and staffing of checkpoints meeting operational requirements
* Communicating changes to the Screening Officers with respect to the Standard Operating Procedures, Bulletins, directives, information or security notices, and any other information regarding the performance of screening
* First management point of contact for all employees for performance or labour relations concerns
* Coaching, mentoring, motivating, correcting, disciplining Screening Officers up to and including termination on conformity and inconformity to the standards of performance, providing feedback to Screening Officers on areas of improvement and conformity to professional standards
* Management of the level one grievance stage
* Assessment of candidates throughout the hiring process of new employees, including assisting, grading and proctoring tests, interviewing and making the final recommendation for candidate selection
* Conducting performance reviews, annual reviews and 30/60/90 day evaluations for Screening Officers
* Coordinating and supporting training, ensuring requirements are met for the Recurrent Learning Program, certification and re-certification requirements
* Conducting daily briefings with the Screening Officers
* Implementing contingency plan and/or emergency preparedness plans as prescribed by the client and resolving contingencies and emergency procedures
* Deploying Screening Officers by qualifications and ensuring that bilingual personnel are staffed at the screening points as per the Standard Operating Procedures
* Ensuring all screening equipment is tested and functional as prescribed by the client, and ensuring all operational documents are filed, stored and organized
* Foster teamwork with screening personnel and key stakeholders
* Other management duties as required
Education and skills required
* Post secondary education plus Business management certificate and/or equivalent;
* Two to five years management position experience in a unionized environment;
* Proven leadership, decision making and problem solving ability with the tenacity to execute consistently and concisely
* Proven ability to multi-task, prioritize and complete tasks in a fast paced environment;
* Excellent verbal, written, communication and interpersonal skills;
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Outlook);
* Ability to work shift work to support a 24/7 environment, including – days, evenings and weekends
* Previous Screening experience in Aviation is an asset
We thank all applicants who apply, preference will be given to internal employees or candidates with prior managerial experience. Only candidates with suitable qualifications will be contacted.
“GardaWorld Aviation is an equal opportunity employer and takes pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status or any other protected status.”