CL3 Clerk 3
The Pas Correctional Centre, Community Safety
Advertisement Number: 33017
Salary(s): CL3 $40,398.00 - $46,337.00 per year Plus Remoteness Allowance, if applicable.
Closing Date: July 17, 2017
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary civil service that is inclusive and reflective of the population it serves. We encourage applicants to voluntarily self-declare in the cover letter, resumé or application if they are from any of the following employment equity groups: women, Aboriginal people, visible minorities, and persons with disabilities.
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Aboriginal people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Satisfactory Security Screening.
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check.
- Satisfactory Child Abuse Registry Check.
- Satisfactory Adult Abuse Registry Check.
- Extensive experience administering and maintaining complex electronic and manual employee schedules.
- Experience performing clerical and/or administrative support duties.
- Experience with interpreting and applying policies, procedures and guidelines related to a scheduling environment.
- Experience developing and maintaining positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience working in a team environment.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills including attention to detail and meeting deadlines.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency with computer software programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Experience performing timekeeping function in SAP.
- Experience administering and maintaining 24-hour, 7-day-a-week schedules.
Under the supervision of the Deputy Superintendent, the incumbent is responsible for preparing staff schedules in accordance with the Manitoba Government Employees’ Master Agreement (GEMA) and Component/Sub Agreements for regular, part-time and casual employees in a 24-hour shift environment.
The duties of the incumbent will include coordinating staff scheduling activities to ensure replacement staff availability for planned absences and initiating replacement staffing activity. The person will also be responsible for responding to short notice requests for staff absences as well as maintaining daily records of scheduled hours for part-time staff. As required, the person will also provide administrative support and timekeeping functions.
Advertisement # 33017
Civil Service Commission
Human Resource Services
608-330 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 0C4
Please note that additional administrative or clerical positions may be recruited to through the Common Recruitment Initiative: https://www.gov.mb.ca/govjobs/info/programs.html#CRI
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.