Date: Jun 1, 2017
JOB NUMBER: 15543
Reporting to the manager, crude oil pipeline scheduling, you will be responsible for ensuring that crude oil is delivered to sales and distribution points in an effective and efficient manner. This will entail sound and thorough planning, contingency development, as well as the accumulation of short and long term industry intelligence.
- Manage monthly nomination process for crude oil purchases and sales, including communication with third party pipeline operation groups, Suncor rail and marine groups, and counterparty trade confirmations
- Perform daily scheduling and pipeline/terminal balancing by maintaining a comprehensive delivery and injection schedule to track and manage the timing of crude oil volumes and manage all batch trades and changes within internal/pipeline data capture system
- Develop strategic relationships with external crude oil schedulers which are key trading partners for like crude oil on complementary pipelines
- Work with the team to maintain and update schedules, pipeline flows, monthly production forecasting, and stewardship feedback for the analytics group
- Ensure regulatory compliance reports are completed i.e. customs reporting, SOX audits
- Liaise with pipeline operational staff to optimize pipeline movements
- Capture month end data within CXL and confirm that volumes are accurate and allocated to the proper contracts to minimize accrual to actual variances
- Review tariff invoices and monitoring transportation make-up account balances
Education and Experience:
- Two to four years’ experience in a crude analyst, crude accounting, mid-office or operations role
- Post-secondary education in business, economics or related field
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required (please note this will be verified)
Skills and Knowledge:
- Proficient computer skills
- Good analytical and quantitative skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Flexibility and willingness to address challenges in supporting scheduling activities during off-peak hours under changing market and logistical conditions
- Self-starter with ability to multi-task in a dynamic work environment under little supervision
Go ahead. Expect growth. We want you to have a job you're genuinely excited about - as well as opportunities to learn and challenge yourself or mentor others. Plus, Suncor Energy offers a flexible employee package that can be adjusted to suit the changing needs of your life, including:
- Competitive base salary and compensation programs
- Attractive annual incentive program
- Flexible benefits package
- Rewarding pension and savings plans
Suncor Energy is Canada's energy company - meaning rewarding opportunities for you to apply your knowledge, contribute and grow in a variety of career-building positions. Our business portfolio spans the entire energy sector, from a leadership position in oil sands development, to refining and marketing operations, natural gas, and conventional oil production, internationally and offshore East Coast Canada.
And while we are working to responsibly develop petroleum resources and contribute to the communities where we live and work, we are also developing our renewable energy portfolio, which includes wind power and biofuels.
As part of Suncor's team, you'll contribute to the ongoing success of Canada's largest energy company - one with a solid track record of growth, a focus on safety and sustainability and tremendous potential for the future. And you'll have the opportunity to learn from experts in the industry and build on your skills every day.
Suncor promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Suncor is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. At Suncor, we are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communitities in which we live, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Not sure if this particular listing is the right opportunity for you? Please join our Talent Community at www.suncor.com and click on Careers, or follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter for the latest job listings and employment news.
Please note that our job postings are typically open for two weeks, so if you are interested and qualified, apply now.