Full-Time and Part-Time Sales Associate in Lower Mainland, BC
Kin’s Farm Market is looking for Full-time/Part-time Sales Associate, the ideal candidates must have a flexible schedule; be able to work weekdays and weekends.
The selected candidates will be working in Vancouver, New Westminster, Richmond, Coquitlam, North Vancouver, Surrey and Abbotsford.
Responsibilities and duties includes
- Maintains the company and store image according to Kin’s policies and procedures
- Greets customers and creates a friendly shopping atmosphere
- Provides information to customers and answers their questions and inquiries about products, procedures or policies
- Promotes products, such as seasonal items or specials, by performing product promotions to customers through sampling (and cooking demonstration, if required) and closes the sale
- Resolves problems that arise such as customer complaints and supply shortages
- Operates cash registers, point of sale equipment and other equipment for processing transactions
- Receives and processes payments by cash, cheque, credit card or automatic debit accurately
- Calculates total payments received at the end of work shift and reconciles with total sales
- Balances the till at the end of the shift and prepares reports regarding cash balances
- Maintains the accuracy of the store’s daily sales record and cash balance (including money in the safe and change box) and minimizes cash shortages
- Authorizes payments by cheque and the return of merchandise
- Weighs produce and bulk goods, wraps and places merchandise in bags
- Receives, unloads and unpacks products and counts, weighs and sorts them according to company receiving procedures
- Ensures displays are full at all times and shelves are stocked with good quality products in all sections including, the Front, Middle, Outside and Veggie Section
- Cashier Counter, Reduced and Side Sections according to Kin’s procedures
- Directs employees and leads by example to clean premises including front and back of store, eating area, office, washroom, floor, cooler, kitchen and cutting table. Monitors and maintains maintenance log records
- Maintains inventory of store supplies within budget to ensure supplies are sufficiently equipped for the sales floor
- Assists with inventory control and spoilage control and ensures proper tracking in the different company logs
Qualifications for this position
- Minimum 1 years of customer service experience in a retail environment
- Well organized with attention to details
- Able to interact with customers in a friendly and cheerful manner
- Able to work independently and as a member of a team
- Lift 50lbs boxes periodically throughout the day
Come and join a fantastic team. We offer the successful applicant competitive salary, career advancement opportunity, Vacation Pay, paid sick leave and employee discount.
If you are interested in the above position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or
come to our Head Office at 12151 Horseshoe Way, Richmond – BC V7A 4V4, every Wednesdays between 10.00 – 11.00 am.
We will welcome you for interview and further discussion about the role.