Job ID: J0817-0393
Category: Collection & Delivery
Employment Type: On-call Relief
Working hours: ON CALL - Relief
Open Positions: 2
Job Closing Date: (dd/mm/yyyy): 20/09/2017
Language Requirement: English essential
Imagine that you could make the open road your office. As an on-call relief Rural and Suburban Mail Carrier with Canada Post, you can. We’re recruiting for dependable, organized individuals to deliver mail on an on-call basis to various communities.
If you enjoy working with the public and independently, as well as operating a motor vehicle in all kinds of weather and traffic conditions, then you’re ready to embark on a rewarding career and call the open road your office.
As an on-call relief employee with Canada Post, you’ll be working with an organization focused on growth and innovation, and recognized as one of Canada’s top employers and best corporate citizens. Along with receiving a competitive salary, you will have the opportunity to grow with us and discover your career potential, as you may be eligible to apply for any upcoming permanent Rural and Suburban Mail Carrier positions.
Note: Applicants must provide a vehicle that meets the mandatory vehicle requirements and applicants residing within 75 km from the Post Office in which this job is located are preferred.
In order to be considered you will need to:
• Pass a pre-employment test and an interview.
Please be aware that if selected you will be required to provide the following documents:
• Your resume
• A current driver’s abstract that is dated within the last 30 days
• A character reference letter from someone who has known you for the past 2 years
The successful candidate will
• Project a positive and courteous manner when dealing with customers face-to-face
• Be adept at sorting, collecting and delivering mail items, in a safe and timely manner
• Acquire and maintain knowledge of local infrastructure including roads, customers and delivery receptacles
• Ensure mail is safely secured in their possession
• Process various CPC products and services (Change of Address Notification, Damaged Mail, Items Delivered Bill (IDB) and others)
• Wear Canada Post identification while on delivery and ensure its visibility while delivering and collecting mail from customers
• Lift and carry items up to 50 lb/22.7 kg
• Have experience in making deliveries and operating a motor vehicle in all kinds of weather and traffic conditions
As part of the selection process selected candidates will be required to complete a security screening process
Notice to Applicants: In order for Canada Post Human Resources to invite applicants for interviews, please ensure Email Communication Consent preferences are set to allow emails. Consent may be found in the career profile. Applicants should check email junk/spam folders regularly as Canada Post communicates with applicants via email.
Other information about this job:
Mandatory Vehicle Requirements
• A minimum cargo capacity of: 50 cu ft (1415 liters)
• Automatic Transmission
• Power windows;
• A metal roof-top and accessory power outlet to accommodate a Canada Post sign and flashing light;
• The middle of passenger window sill that is between 38” and 45” from the ground and maximum interior width of 56”;
• Fifth door / hatchback to allow for oversized and bulky items to be loaded; (Preferred)
• Driver seat height adjustability (preferred); and
• Tilt steering (preferred).
• Provide and maintain the required automobile liability insurance for the use of your vehicle
• Notify your insurance company as to the use of your vehicle while employed at Canada Post
• Possess a valid permanent provincial driver’s license
For more information on vehicle requirements, click here
Canada Post offers
• Competitive pay
• A strong community of employees: Our employees drive innovation and ensure that our business continues to evolve to meet our customers' changing needs
• The satisfaction of a job well done: You'll be part of a winning team that touches the lives of millions
Careers that deliver
If you're ready to make a difference and discover your full potential, Canada Post delivers a variety of exciting and challenging career opportunities across the country. As one of Canada’s largest employers we’re committed to attracting, retaining and developing a winning team to meet the evolving needs of Canadians and secure our future.
Canada Post is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities.
The Conflict of Interest Policy prohibits employees from hiring, supervising or reporting to, directly or indirectly via the reporting hierarchy, their immediate family or close personal relations. Should you feel that you may be in an actual or potential Conflict of Interest in regard to this job opportunity, you must communicate with the designated Human Resources representative.
If you are contacted by Canada Post regarding a job opportunity or testing, please advise if you require accommodation.
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the requirements as Canada Post cannot make assumptions about your education and experience.
We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Are you interested in this job?