Date: Jun 17, 2017
JOB NUMBER: 14197
Reporting to the maintenance manager, you will be a key member of our transmission and distribution (T&D) relay protection team. You will install, test, repair and maintain a wide variety of electronic, protective relaying, control and energy management systems and equipment.
- Provide support and input to ensure safe, efficient, and successful operation of our electrical assets ranging from 13.8kV to 260kV
- Perform preventative and corrective maintenance of all relay protection and metering devices for substation and T&D assets (>13.8kV)
- Participate in incident loss prevention investigations, HAZOPS and job safety analysis
- Assist in routine cleaning, testing, calibration of our protection intelligent electronic devices (IED), and functional operational testing of all protection schemes
- Troubleshoot activities in the event of a system occurrence
- Perform routine testing and functional verification of all communication equipment
- Maintain testing equipment calibration records and ensure all associated protection and control documentation are in good order to ensure protection device testing is accurate and reliable in the power system
- Execute or assist with all test procedures of substation auxiliary equipment and verification of the operating center data systems
- Be the point of contact to assist and resolve questions about the protection devices application installations
Experience and Education:
- Five or more years of technical and hands on experience in a utility based environment; experience working as relay and control technician is preferred
- Minimum of three years of experience in the oil and gas industry
- Experience with transmission protection devices is preferred
- Technical experience in control systems such as Honeywell, Triconex, DeltaV, various PLC systems is an asset
- Certified Electrical Engineering Technologist with a focus/specialization in power systems or Journeyman Power System Operator Certificate; attach your Journeyman ticket with your application in order to be considered
- Registered or eligible to register with the Association of Science and Engineering Technology Professionals of Alberta (ASET)
- Possess a valid driver’s licence and a clean driving record
Skills and Knowledge:
- Strong working knowledge of various IED models from manufacturers such as SEL, GE Multilin, Areva/GEC Alstom etc.
- Knowledge and experience with IED secondary injection testing equipment such as Omicron or Manta will be an asset
- Computer proficiency in SAP, the Microsoft Office suite drafting tools such as AutoCAD would prove beneficial
- You collaborate with others to achieve the best results and deliver the most value
- You hold others accountable, and expect others to do the same
- This position has been identified as safety sensitive
- If you reside outside of Fort McMurray, relocation of your primary residence to within 60 km of Fort McMurray is mandatory
- Relocation support will be provided; we offer highly competitive housing assistance to eligible candidates
Go ahead. Expect growth. We want you to have a job you're genuinely excited about - as well as opportunities to learn and challenge yourself or mentor others. Plus, Suncor Energy offers a flexible employee package that can be adjusted to suit the changing needs of your life, including:
- Competitive base salary and compensation programs
- Attractive annual incentive program
- Flexible benefits package
- Rewarding pension and savings plans
Suncor Energy is Canada's energy company - meaning rewarding opportunities for you to apply your knowledge, contribute and grow in a variety of career-building positions. Our business portfolio spans the entire energy sector, from a leadership position in oil sands development, to refining and marketing operations, natural gas, and conventional oil production, internationally and offshore East Coast Canada.
And while we are working to responsibly develop petroleum resources and contribute to the communities where we live and work, we are also developing our renewable energy portfolio, which includes wind power and biofuels.
As part of Suncor's team, you'll contribute to the ongoing success of Canada's largest energy company - one with a solid track record of growth, a focus on safety and sustainability and tremendous potential for the future. And you'll have the opportunity to learn from experts in the industry and build on your skills every day.
Suncor promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Suncor is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. At Suncor, we are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communitities in which we live, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Not sure if this particular listing is the right opportunity for you? Please join our Talent Community at www.suncor.com and click on Careers, or follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter for the latest job listings and employment news.
Please note that our job postings are typically open for two weeks, so if you are interested and qualified, apply now.