Date: Jan 9, 2018
Req Id 76782
Watch your career take flight at GardaWorld!
GardaWorld Aviation Services is the largest provider of security services to the Canadian Air Transport Security Authority (CATSA). We deploy specialized security professionals in 28 airports in Canada, protecting the traveling public and enabling smoother and safer cross-border business interactions.
Our highly qualified security professionals understand that travel still needs to be a positive experience and know how to respond to challenging situations. The friendly, approachable manner of the GardaWorld team is part of what sets us apart.
We are currently recruiting a Regional Training Coordinator for the Calgary International Airport on a permanent full-time basis. In this role you will be responsible for requesting and scheduling training across the Prairies Region, consulting on and approving training plans, developing training forecasts and acting as a liaison between CATSA and the learning and development teams.
* Requesting and scheduling all CATSA delivered training courses for the region (including travel, hotel and Per Diem requests)
* All scheduling aspects of the GardaWorld management training program for the region and scheduling of Screening Officer Training, including enhancement training, training improvement plans etc.
* Acting as liaison with CATSA and Learning and Development teams and collaborating with the Performance Programs, Operations and HR teams to foster synergy in employee training experiences
* Consulting on and approving all Training Improvement Plans (TIP)
* Developing weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual training forecast (including classroom and non-classroom hours) and seeking approval from General Manager, Performance.
* Providing input to CATSA Learning & Development Team and advises General Manager, Performance on training programs and initiatives
* Assisting with the development of new tracking programs/processes as required
* Accountable for ensuring compliance with internal and external programs across different locations, (travel will be required)
* Other duties as required
* Competitive total compensation package, based on qualifications
* Participation in our Performance Incentive Program
* Health, dental and vision coverage
* Professional and personal growth opportunities
* Must be a Canadian Citizen or a Permanent Resident
* No previous criminal background for which a pardon has not been granted
* Minimum 3 years’ experience in a related position or field
* Ability to obtain a security clearance and successfully complete a background check
* Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to present information in a clear and concise manner
* Ability to listen attentively and maintain respectful and cooperative relationships with stakeholders, employees and co-workers
* Ability to work independently and with others in a team environment
* Adaptability to changing circumstances with excellent organizational and problem solving skills
* Excellent analytical skills and detailed-oriented
* Ability to take the initiative, multitask and prioritize work to meet deadlines
* Professional demeanor with ability to develop cooperative working relationships in all areas of the business
* Ability to work overtime and travel as required, (and possibly at short notice)
* Experience in airport/security industry
* Knowledge of CATSA's mandate and priorities
* Knowledge of the aviation industry and the related regulatory and security issue
* Experience in a unionized environment and / or a federally regulated business
* Fluency in French
* Internal candidates must be in good standing with no performance events on file
* Applicants must clearly demonstrate in their resume that they meet the education and experience requirements. Failure to provide sufficient information will result in the candidate being disqualified
* Interviews and reference checks will be conducted. Written test(s) may be administered
* Successful candidates must meet and maintain the Conditions of Employment throughout their employment
Applicants currently residing elsewhere than the job location must CLEARLY indicate if they are seeking to relocate at their own cost or they will be automatically disqualified. These applicants may also be required to travel for recruitment events at their own cost.
We thank all applicants for their interest in the position; however, we will communicate only with the selected candidates.
We are an equal opportunity employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, handicap disability or any other protected status.