Reports to: National Director, Community Engagement
Department: Community Engagement
When the staff of the Heart and Stroke Foundation put their hearts into it — they get real results that change lives. We are a volunteer based, health charity dedicated to fighting cardiovascular disease. We do so by raising funds to support critical research, and by helping people reduce their risk of heart disease and stroke through risk factor awareness and by promoting healthy lifestyles. Our vision is to eliminate death and disability from heart disease and stroke. We are united by five core values: Passion for Health, Embracing Diversity, Being Extraordinary Together, Learning Every Day, and Making a Difference.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, adaptable, flexible, and dedicated professional for the role of Regional Director, Community Engagement. Reporting directly to the National Director, Community Engagement, this role leads the execution of the National strategy for the effective delivery of community fundraising and volunteer engagement through communities in British Columbia. The Regional Director is responsible for meeting fundraising and volunteer development goals by overseeing delivery of fundraising programs through effective volunteer and employee deployment.
The Community Engagement Team is a strong, dynamic, and focused field team that is responsible for driving significant revenue growth through the community based fundraising programs while developing a strong volunteer network and community relationships. It is this team that plays a significant role at the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada (HSFC) in raising the funds that enable the Foundation to deliver its critical mission and reduce the impact of heart disease and stroke.
FUNDRAISING REVENUE AND VOLUNTEER DEVELOPMENT:
- Work collaboratively with the Provincial CEO; VP, Community Engagement; National Director, Community Engagement; and Program Directors to establish realistic revenue goals for each program, on an annual basis
- Play a leadership role in the development of the revenue growth strategy for the region, ensuring strong integration of the community based initiatives with other Foundation departments including corporate partnerships, major gifts (Development), and community mission initiatives
- Monitor and analyze the performance of the community fundraising and volunteer development programs within the region, and makes adjustments to plans to minimize business risks and maximize profitability
- Accountable for achieving community based fundraising goals in region (Annual revenue budget of $6+M)
- Manage, coordinate, and provide ongoing evaluation of the activities of the province to achieve established revenue goals
- Develop and implement strategies to build lasting and meaningful relationship with volunteers, donors, and event participants within the province
- AS REQUIRED, PLAY A NATIONAL LEADERSHIP ROLE IN THE EXECUTION OF A KEY COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT FUNDRAISING PROGRAM
- ENSURE EFFECTIVE IMPLEMENTATION OF THE FOUNDATION’S VOLUNTEER ENGAGEMENT STRATEGY
- Represent the Foundation and speak at community events across the province
Operations, Business Planning, and Budget Management:
- Lead the development and management of annual business plans and financial outlooks and budgets
- Complete a detailed monthly review of provincial spending and costs against budget, and ensure accurate and timely accounting and reporting
- IDENTIFY OPPORTUNITIES TO ENHANCE THE EFFICIENCY AND EFFECTIVENESS OF THE TEAM
- Develop and maintain organizational excellence in all aspects of field office operations and management
- Ensure alignment with central Community Engagement Program Team on key implementation strategies for each of the programs
HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGEMENT:
- Lead the development of an effective and high performing regional team, ensuring high standards of delivery and competence, and that Foundation values are maintained
Ensure individuals are well supported in fulfilling their accountabilities, developing their skills, and achieving their career potential:
- Provide clear direction on business goals and priorities; ensure optimal deployment of resources to achieve business goals
- Identify development opportunities for team members and put appropriate strategies in place
- Establish individual performance plans and objectives; provide coaching, leadership and feedback to direct reports
- Develop Managers to be strong people leaders, enabling the development of a high performing team by following established best practices
- Develop succession and leadership development plans
- Recruit skilled talent in support of current and future Foundation needs following Foundation policies and assessment guidelines
- 10+ years fundraising and/or related experience
- Strong understanding of fundraising management and volunteer engagement
- Experience in leading and managing a team from a distance and achieving results through others
- Budgeting and financial management experience
- Demonstrated ability to identify and create plans that connect strategic business objectives to coaching and performance solutions
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building/management skills
- High energy and ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Flexible and adaptable to rapidly changing priorities
- Hold self and others accountable for agreed upon commitments, actions taken/not taken and ensuing outcomes
- Advocate for and lead by example in creating a culture that aligns to the organization’s values
- Presentation and communication skills: act as an ambassador of the Foundation’s mission to internal and external audiences
- Valid driver’s license and access to personal vehicle
- Flexibility to travel throughout region to visit Area Offices approximately 2-3 days per week, depending on the time of year
- Ability to translate organizational strategies into concrete business plans and establishes accountability systems to review activities and goals against strategies
- Simultaneously keep track of day-to-day business, emerging opportunities, risks, and broader issues; ability to consider different options and take necessary action
If you have these skills, and would like to be part of a great team, we invite you to forward your resume and cover letter to email@example.com immediately. This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. Please include the reference number RDCE201703BC and your name (first and last) in the email subject, and let us know where you viewed this opportunity in your cover letter. (If you do not put the reference number and your name in the email subject, your application may not be received by the correct party.)
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position however we will only be contacting those selected for interviews.
Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. This job opportunity may remain posted until the position is filled.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. If you have been contacted for an interview and require an accommodation due to disability to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise us and we will work with you to meet your needs.