Horizon Aerodrome- Fort MacKay, AB
Date Posted June 01, 2017
Expiry Date June 18, 2017
Job Type Seasonal
3.5 Month Seasonal Term Position
(Rotational Position / Accommodations Provided / Flights Provided)
Closing Date: June 18, 2017 or when suitable applicant is found.
Executive Flight Centre (EFC) has been setting standards in aviation fuel and service for over forty years. Headquartered in Calgary, with operations in both Alberta and British Columbia, EFC offers a diverse range of aviation services to meet the needs of airport users. EFC also offers additional expertise and services to customers throughout Western Canada in the areas of Airport / Aerodrome Services and Aviation Real Estate Development. Our vision is to provide an excellent quality of service to all customers in the Aviation Industry by focusing on Safety, Quality, Consistency and Customer Service.
Our Horizon Aerodrome location is seeking an experienced Ramp Agent to support our diverse operations for a seasonal position from July 3 to October 15 with the possibility of extension for the winter season. This is a rotational camp position with a four (4) days on and three (3) days off, Monday to Thursday, schedule. Flights and accommodations are provided.
Reporting to the Aerodrome Leads, the Ramp Agent performs all ground handling operations and supports airfield operations and customer service as required in a safe and efficient manner.
• Perform ground handling and ramp services responsibilities according to the EFC corporate standards, including:
o Marshall and chock, load and unload aircraft according to procedure;
o Connect and disconnect AC/DC power carts and heat carts;
o Aircraft movement, placement, and storage;
o Ramp services, including operations and maintenance of various types of ground service and light equipment;
o Housekeeping; and
o Groom aircraft, including lavatory and potable water.
• Ensure compliance with all legislative, industry and customer standards including Transport Canada, Occupational Health and Safety and CNRL’s safety and site regulations.
• Direct passengers on the apron as instructed by customer service agents;
• Assist with runway and field maintenance, primarily on the apron and around the building entrances, for snow clearing and light field maintenance duties as required.
• Track and maintain inventory levels of runway chemical, deice chemical, sand, field maintenance stores (wafer, spacer, runway lights, etc.).
• Function as Flight Lead and assist Customer Service Agents and/or Luggage Agents as needed.
• Provide services after hours on an on-call/as-needed basis.
• General support activities related to Aerodrome Operations.
• Maintain a tidy and orderly work area exhibiting pride in work performance and contributing to a healthy and safe work environment.
• Ensure exceptional, courteous and respectful customer service through compliance and participation in the Company’s Step Up to Customer Service Program.
• Comply with and participate in the Company’s Health & Safety and Quality programs and initiatives.
• Perform any other duties as required.
Qualifications and Experience:
• High School Diploma.
• Previous aviation Ramp Agent/Aerodrome operations experience.
• Valid class 5 driver’s license and clean Driver’s Abstract. No restrictions permitted.
• Able to meet all required pre-employment and site access screening including, but not limited to, Construction Safety Training System (CSTS) and Dug & Alcohol test.
• EFC and CNRL required theoretical and practical training (i.e. WHIMS, AVOP, DG Cargo, etc.).
• EFC on the job training for Ramp and Ground Handling Operations policies, procedures and practices.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel and Word.
• Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
• Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times.
• A strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
• Able to work in inclement weather conditions, overtime and extended shifts.
• Able to lift or move up to 60 lbs.
• Highly motivated and able to work with minimal or no supervision in a fast paced environment.
• Able to multi-task and establish priorities in a dynamic and changing environment.
• Professional, punctual, and diligent.
• Able to work collaboratively as a productive member of the EFC Team.
Executive Flight Centre offers competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package, an incredible work environment, and career advancement opportunities. Please visit our web site at http://www.efcaviation.ca/careers for a complete description of our company and to view other career opportunities.
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the position title and location you are applying for in your subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Executive Flight Centre; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.