SN2 Psychiatric Nursing Assistant 2 (Underfill at SN1 Psychiatric Nursing Assistant 1)
Multiple positions available
Department of Families
Manitoba Developmental Centre, Community Service Delivery
Advertisement Number: 32998
Salary(s): SN2 $17.26 - $20.91 per hour (Underfill at SN1 $16.23 - $18.33 per hour)
Closing Date: June 8, 2017
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary civil service that is inclusive and reflective of the population it serves. We encourage applicants to voluntarily self-declare in the cover letter, resumé or application if they are from any of the following employment equity groups: women, Aboriginal people, visible minorities, and persons with disabilities.
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Aboriginal people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and may remain in effect for 12 months. This competition may be used to appoint successful candidates to current and future term and casual vacancies subject to staffing approval.
Psychiatric Nursing Assistants are hired on an underfill basis at the Psychiatric Nursing Assistant 1 (SN1) classification and provided with support, training and on-the-job development to achieve the full working level of the position at the Psychiatric Nursing 2 (SN2) classification. In order to progress to the full working level of this position, candidates must successfully complete the Advanced Psychiatric Nursing Assistant 2 in-house training program within a reasonable timeframe, work a designated number of hours and demonstrate satisfactory attendance and performance on the job.
The Manitoba Developmental Centre (MDC), a branch of the Department of Families, is an accredited residential facility providing specialized care, supervision and developmental habilitation for adults with developmental disabilities. On-site interdisciplinary teams provide a wide range of services to residents to ensure each individual's needs are met and his/her quality of life is enhanced. We require multiple term full-time Psychiatric Nursing Assistants to provide summer relief coverage and work various 8-hour shifts inclusive of days, evenings, nights and weekends consistent with a 24-hour operation as may be required.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Satisfactory Criminal Records Check with Vulnerable Sector Search
- Satisfactory Adult Abuse Registry Check
- Satisfactory Child Abuse Registry Check
- Must be physically able to perform the duties of the position (includes bending, twisting and/or lifting up to 27 kgs (60 lbs)
- Must be available for shifts consistent with a 24-hour/7 day a week operation
- Experience providing health and/or personal care to individuals (examples: volunteer work, daycare, babysitting, home care, personal child care)
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Effective verbal communication skills
- Ability to work productively as a member of a team
- Ability to take initiative
- Ability to work independently
- Effective decision making skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Good written communication skills
- Knowledge of intellectual disabilities/mental health issues
The incumbent participates as an active member of the interdisciplinary team that provides residents with supervision and guidance, assistance with personal care, comfort and support in going about daily living, as well as therapeutic and recreational activities in a safe manner as outlined in the Resident's Individual Plan (IP) within any one of the Programs at the Centre. The position also assists in maintaining a safe, clean and orderly living environment.
Advertisement # 32998
Civil Service Commission
Human Resource Services
608-330 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 0C4
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.