WE is a movement that brings people together and gives them the tools to change the world. Our vision is to shift the world from “me” to “we.” Our mission is to empower all people to change the world, locally and globally, achieving transformative outcomes for themselves and others.
WE is currently recruiting a Project Manager, for The WE Learning Centre (WLC). The WLC is international hub for youth engagement, and the site of the new global headquarters for WE Charity. The WE Learning Centre will bring service-learning resources to 10,000+ schools, ensuring that every student and educator experiences the empowerment and life skill development associated with service-learning, while these young change-makers benefit their community and world.
The Information Technology division within WE is currently seeking an experienced and entrepreneurial professional to serve as its Project Manager. Reporting to the Director, Information Technology the project manager will be responsible for coordinating, and leading the implementation of technology assets at the WE Learning Centre (South Campus).
- Initiate, plan and manage assigned projects to successful completion
- Define project scope and objectives, involving relevant stakeholders to ensure technical feasibility and clarity of key deliverables and success criteria
- Track completion of deliverables and adherence to timelines; track milestones and timelines across projects and provide recommendations when necessary to meet project deliverable expectations
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks and take responsibility to track and drive issues to resolution
- Measure, and report on project progress to all stakeholders when required
- Build and maintain positive relationships with all stakeholders
What you bring:
- Proven success as someone who can effectively manage change
- A strong background (and developed opinions) on different project management approaches is warmly welcomed
- Possess bachelor’s or master’s degree or similar diploma
- Minimum of 2 years successfully managing technical projects using a variety of project management techniques
- Demonstrated ability to manage the budgets, scope, timeliness, quality and completeness of deliverable
- A+ Certification, Knowledge of helpdesk and ticketing tools
- Experience working Microsoft Exchange, Active Directory or similar systems
- Knowledge or experience with o ITIL/Agile/Scrum/Kanban and other IT methodologies and frameworks is a plus.
- Knowledge or experience with NAS, SAS, iSCSI, FTP, SNMP, AFP
- Knowledge or experience with JIRA, Salesforce.com, Basecamp, wiki, intranet systems
- Sound understanding of and experience working with Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Enjoys working in a demanding, fast paced work environment and flexible with work hours
- Highly self motivated and independent, a strategic thinker
- Comfortable working with all stakeholders
- Positive and professional attitude and able to work as a team player
- Able to work with senior level management to carry-out vision and objectives
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills; able to manage several projects simultaneously and execute projects at different stages, and able to delegate appropriate tasks to others and senior management
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, listening, presentation and writing skills
- Proven track record of leading successful project teams and complicated technologies
- Work well with others and problem solve in high-pressure, dynamic and changing situations
What makes us unique…
Social entrepreneurs Marc Kielburger and Craig Kielburger co-founded WE and WE Charity (formerly Free The Children) 20 years ago and have grown it into a family of organizations, including WE Day and ME to WE. WE Charity was among the first organizations in Canada to turn philanthropy on its head by creating a legally distinct social enterprise, ME to WE. Through the social enterprise, 50% of the profits support WE Charity, while the rest is reinvested in the social enterprise.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and welcomes all interested parties to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We sincerely thank all those who apply, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.