Date: Feb 4, 2018
Location: Toronto, ON, CA, M4W 1G9
At Rogers we’re for supporting you on a journey to a rewarding career. Whether you’re a developer, an analyst, or a customer care consultant, Rogers is the place where ideas become reality. We embrace change, and find ways to do better. And we deliver on that commitment by fostering an environment of passion and innovation for all people.
Reporting to the Sr. Manager, IoT & Connected Devices, the Product Manager, Connected Devices will be based in Toronto within the wireless consumer business unit. The successful candidate will be expected to operate as the “Product CEO” for tablets, mobile broadband, and connected device products ensuring end-to-end quality and results for the portfolio.
What you will be doing:
• End-to-end product management to drive product penetration, engagement, and revenue
• Successfully launch new products by collaborating and leading internal cross functional teams to drive product innovation, differentiation and improvements
• Perform in-depth analysis of the wireless tablet, mobile broadband, and connected devices markets
• Leverage competitive intelligence, market research, global trends, best practices and customer feedback to develop new product offerings
• Continuously seek opportunities to improve the customer and product experience
• Sell product vision and provide thought leadership to internal cross functional stakeholders
• Build financial business cases to support new product launches and commercial offers
• Develop and maintain performance dashboards to monitor the performance of the portfolio
• Analyze data and conduct research to recognize opportunities and recommend strategies and tactics to achieve portfolio targets
• Responsible for monthly revenue & cost forecasting, yearly budgeting and product roadmaps
• Initiate measures for product cost containment and cost reduction
• Build and maintain a strong internal and external network of contacts to support the portfolio
What you bring:
• 5+ years of experience in a product management, marketing, strategy, or pricing function. Previous experience in the wireless/consumer electronics industry strongly preferred
• University bachelor’s degree or higher in business/commerce
• Strong interpersonal skills and experience presenting to and supporting senior management
• High motivation, technical competence, with an inquisitive nature and a deep knowledge of telecommunications products and services
• Ability to sell ideas/concepts to various levels of the organization through logical and persuasive arguments
• Proven track record of product performance management, tracking KPIs and delivering on those targets (Volume, Rate, NPS)
• Experience in handling multiple priorities and operate independently in a fast paced, deadline driven, matrix environment
• Ability to quickly learn and understand concepts, multi-task, solve problems with creative outside of the box thinking, make decisions, and work independently with minimal supervision
• Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
• Please include a resume and cover letter in your application
Schedule: Full Time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 333 Bloor Street East (012), Toronto, ON
Travel Requirements: None
Posting Category/Function: Marketing & Product Management
Requisition ID: 115787
As a proud Canadian company, we're dedicated to making things easier for our customers. We’ve been embracing and leading change for over 50-years, and we’ll continue to seek out new opportunities to bring our customers simple solutions for today and tomorrow.
We recognize that success is determined by the strength and diversity of our people. We work together because we want to win together, and these five shared values guide and define our work:
Simplify and innovate
Take ownership of the what and the how
Equip people to succeed
Execute with discipline and pride
Talk straight, build trust, and over deliver
Why Rogers? Because your tomorrow inspires our today.
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered.
We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You can also reach out to our team at RogersRecruiting@rci.rogers.com to begin a conversation about your individual accessibility needs throughout the hiring process.