A People Greeter welcomes and assists each Customer as he/she enters the store, ensures Customer safety near the store entrance.
- Practicing the 3 meter Attitude. •
- Welcoming each Customer to Wal-Mart by smiling, greeting in a friendly tone with a "Hello" or "Welcome to Wal-Mart".
- Attaching return tickets to all merchandise entering the store.
- Identifying large outbound purchases such as TV’s and verifying the customer’s receipt (item and date).
- Checking and verifying associate bags and purchases upon exit.
- When the EAS system is activated they assist in identifying the root cause and logging the incident.
- Observing and reporting any suspicious behaviors to management and Loss Prevention.
- Reacting to code ADAM pages as per the guidelines.
- Bringing any system failures to the management teams attention for service.
- Wiping down wet carts coming in from the rain. Additional Responsibilities
- Adheres to all company policies and standard operating procedures.
- Other responsibilities may be assigned.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent.
- Ability to determine the number of individual things in a unit or group.
- Basic Reading/Writing Skills
- Ability to understand the meaning of written or printed matter and to record information by inscribing characters or symbols.
- The Associate is regularly required to walk or stand.
- The Associate must regularly lift and/or move up to 18kg (40lbs.).
- The Associate will be required to perform tasks involving firm grasping.
- The Associate will occasionally be required to bend, twist or squat.
- The Associate will be involved in frequent repetitive hand actions.
- The Associate will be required to reach above shoulder height and below waist level.
Walmart will accommodate the disability-related needs of applicants and associates as required by law.
If interested, please apply on the following site: