Date: Jan 2, 2018
Req Id 76444
We are currently hiring Overnight Security Professionals – Edmonton (Protective Services)
Your mission at GardaWorld: As a security guard, you will be responsible to provide coverage to ensure the security of people and assets. You will deliver exceptional levels of customer service and work with upmost integrity. Your appearance, attitude and behavior will match GardaWorld’s premium professional standards at all times.
What are the job benefits we offer you?
* Competitive Wages
* Paid on-the-job training
* Free uniform and protective equipment
* Ongoing training including PPCT, First Aid and CPR
* Career path planning and advancement opportunities
* Recognition and Rewards program
* Medical benefits after 90 days
* A committed team working environment
On a typical day, you will be responsible of:
* Interior and exterior patrols
* Enforce property rules, city bi-laws, and other applicable laws
* Deter and respond to incidents on property
* Maintain a presence to ensure the safety and security of all persons on site
* Communicate regularly with patrons/clients
* Complete reports and memo book entries on a regular basis
* Respond to various types of emergencies (fire alarms/elevator entrapments/medical emergencies)
* Make arrests as required-training provided
* Work in a variety of settings including but not limited to: special events, commercial properties, retail, industrial and mobile positions
You are the ideal candidate for this position because you possess:
* Grade 12 diploma or equivalent
* Prior security experience
* Excellent English communication skills both written and verbal (candidates will be tested)
* Excellent customer service skills
* Some understanding/knowledge of applicable laws
* Valid First Aid/CPR, or willingness to obtain
* Ability to work any shift over nights
* Must be able to weekends (nights)
* Valid Alberta Driver’s license
* Must have a reliable vehicle.
* Professional Image /deportment
This position require an applicant to work various rotations.
Interested? Join our workforce!
To apply for this position or view other job opportunities please visit the “careers” page of our website at www.gardaglobal.com/careers
We are an equal opportunity employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, handicap disability or any other protected status.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however we will communicate only with the selected candidates.