This job opportunity is being advertised on behalf of the following organization and is not a Manitoba government civil service position.
HC2 Clerk 2
Security Branch, Manitoba Housing and Renewal Corporation
Advertisement Number: 254
Salary(s): HC2 $17.41 - $20.56 per hour
Closing Date: June 30, 2017
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary civil service that is inclusive and reflective of the population it serves. We encourage applicants to voluntarily self-declare in the cover letter, resumé or application if they are from any of the following employment equity groups: women, Aboriginal people, visible minorities, and persons with disabilities.
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Aboriginal people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions within Manitoba Housing and Renewal Corporation and will remain in effect for 6 months.
This competition may be used to appoint successful candidates to future term or permanent appointments within Manitoba Housing and Renewal Corporation subject to staffing approval. Manitoba Housing offers an attractive benefits package and pension plan.
If you are looking for interesting and challenging work, this is a great opportunity to join our team. One of our roles is to promote community development and create opportunities for people to engage in activities that promote well-being and social inclusion where they live. Housing is integral to this process and we strive to safeguard an adequate supply of safe and affordable housing in communities across Manitoba, particularly for those of low and moderate income or those with specialized needs. It is also our role to sustain and improve the condition of existing social housing. For more information, we encourage you to visit our website at: Manitoba Housing.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Valid Class 5F Manitoba Driver’s License.
- Ability to work on a rotating 24/7 shift basis; including 12 hour shifts.
- Physically capable of performing the duties associated with the position.
- Current and satisfactory: Criminal Records Check, Child Abuse Registry Check, and Adult Abuse Registry Check will be required prior to employment.
- Full Security Guard License issued by Manitoba Justice.
- Valid First Aid and CPR certificate.
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant Security Bylaws and Acts.
- Written communication skills including experience writing comprehensive incident reports, vehicle logs, and shift summaries.
- Verbal communication skills including the ability to respond with quality, speed and political acumen.
- Effective interpersonal skills demonstrated by the ability to establish trust, maintain strong networks of internal and external partners and stakeholders.
- Must possess conflict resolution skills including problem solving, negotiation and facilitative skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, or acceptable equivalent software.
- Knowledge of general emergency evacuation protocols.
- Experience with Electromagnetic Access Control Systems and CCTV equipment.
- Knowledge of building maintenance and building systems.
As a member of the Security Services Team, the position will ensure all tenants, staff, and visitors have a wide range of professional and proactive security services available which include: problem solving, conflict resolution, investigation of incidents, first aid, crisis intervention, and enforcement of Manitoba Housing regulations, Provincial, and Federal Acts. Successful applicants must complete the Manitoba Housing Security Officer Training Course. The position may require some travel within the Province.
Advertisement # 254
Civil Service Commission
Human Resource Services
608-330 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 0C4
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.