Date: Jan 2, 2018
Req Id 76461
Headquartered in Montreal, Canada, GardaWorld is the world’s largest privately owned security services company. We operate across a range of highly focused business solutions including cash services, protective services and aviation services. Over 62,000 highly trained, dedicated professionals serve clients in North America, Latin America, Europe, Africa, Asia and the Middle East.
GardaWorld has great opportunity for personal growth and advancement, fosters a collaborative environment, and encourages team cooperation. You can make a difference in a company that gives you latitude to deliver the best customer service.
We are currently hiring a Mall Officer located at Regina, Sk. Protective Services Division. Full Time Hours. Fixed Location.
Your mission at GardaWorld:
As a Mall Officer, you are responsible to ensure the security of our client’s property, assets and information in the Commercial Retail Sector. Pre - Selection testing (English Language and Security Knowledge gradation) is required. An evaluation of site knowledge will be conducted upon completion of training.
What are the job benefits we offer you?
* Wage of $16.40/Hr
* Medical benefits after 90 days
* Physical fitness incentives
* Career path planning and advancement opportunities
* Paid on-the-job training
* Ongoing training available
On a typical day, you will be responsible of:
* Ensuring the protection of client assets. To uphold high professional standards with commitment to good judgement and discretion.
* Deter and respond to incidents on property
* Maintain a presence to ensure the safety and security of all persons on site
* Communicate regularly with patrons/clients
* Complete reports and memo book entries on a regular basis
* Respond to various types of emergencies (fire alarms/elevator entrapments/medical emergencies)
* Commitment to a strong team of officers
You are the ideal candidate for this position because you possess:
* Achieved certification of the Saskatchewan Justice Security Guard Course
* Confident communication skills to accurately and effectively converse with clients/customers
* Ability to exercise sound judgment under stressful situations
* Proven experience in customer service
* Acute observation skills
* Ability to receive and follow direction
* Report writing experience (6+ months)
* Organizational skills to effectively process all paperwork/products
* Prior security experience or experience in a similar work environment (retail sector).
* Achievement motivated
* First Aid/CPR is a strong asset
* Professional deportment
* Physical ability. Must be able to repeatedly ascend and descend stairs and continual walking.
* Responsible for participating in training and awareness sessions as they relate to emergency preparedness at your work location.
* A willingness to be part of our Emergency Response Team.
Interested? Join our workforce!
To apply for this position or view other job opportunities please visit the “careers” page of our website at www.gardaglobal.com/careers
We are an equal opportunity employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, handicap disability or any other protected status.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however we will communicate only with the selected candidates .