Canad Inns Destination Centre Fort Garry
Closes: Jun 1, 2017
Purpose: To maintain the hotel’s guests and heart of house areas in accordance with Canad Inns standards by performing preventative maintenance and repairs as necessary
Areas of Responsibility:
Responds to both guest and hotel staff reports of non-functioning equipment immediately
• Maintains problem log book to record the equipment in need of repair and prioritizes efforts accordingly
• Reports any hazards or injuries in the department or hotel and takes immediate action to correct
• Maintains rooms in operating condition by performing repairs as needed
• Understands the Room Preventative Maintenance Program (R.P.M.)
• Prepares preventative maintenance cart for use each day
• Replaces or repairs all appliances and damaged bathroom fixtures; executes general plumbing as needed
• Maintains overall appearance of rooms; replaces broken mirrors, hangs fixtures, does touch-up painting, etc.
• Repairs and maintains room’s heating/ventilating/air conditioning systems
• Performs preventative maintenance throughout the hotel
• Maintains the condition of hotel lobbies and restaurants
• Repairs furniture, carpet, marble, tile windows, mirrors and decorations as necessary
• Maintains operating equipment in working condition by performing routine equipment checks and repairs
• Monitors & maintains boilers, chiller, HVAC, pumps, fans, restaurant and kitchen equipment
• Attends schools or seminars to remain current on proper techniques
• All other duties as required
• Creates 100% guest satisfaction by providing Canad Certified Four Star Service and by exceeding guest expectations
• Gives personal attention, takes personal responsibility and uses teamwork when providing guest service
• Listens, apologizes with empathy, finds a solution and follows through when resolving guest problems
• Assumes the responsibility to notice when the guest is not satisfied and uses their best judgment as to when it is appropriate to use the 100% Guest Satisfaction Guarantee
• Performs other duties as required
Focus On the Guest… Seek to understand the guest, internal and external guest and meet and exceed the needs of both the guest and the company.
Attend to Detail… Ensure that work is accurate, thorough and to the highest standards.
Take Responsibility… Demonstrate personal ownership of tasks and follow through to get the required results.
Apply Professional, Product, or Technical Expertise… Demonstrate the ability to apply technical, professional, or product expertise to everyday hotel situations.
Foster Teamwork… Work well in a team environment and motivate teams to sustain exceptional levels of performance.
Communicate Effectively… Clarify and provide information so that coworkers, guests, and suppliers understand and can take action.
Key Skills and Requirements:
Technical Service Skills… Demonstrate understanding of the technical service skills for assigned area (i.e. food & beverage service, housekeeping, etc.)
Planning… Skilled in determining whether tasks should be attempted, identifying the most effective way of completing the task, and preparing how to overcome unexpected difficulties.