Date: May 28, 2017
We are currently hiring Loss Prevention Workers – Red Deer
Your mission at GardaWorld:
As a Loss Prevention Worker, you are responsible to ensure the security of various Retail companies. We work in partnership with our clients to ensure the safety and security of their employees and the public.
What are the job benefits we offer you?
* Regular wages ranging from $17 to $18/hour
* Medical benefits after 90 days
* Career path planning and advancement opportunities
* Paid on-the-job training
* Ongoing training available
On a typical day, you will be responsible of:
* Deter and apprehend shoplifters at various retail locations
* Enforce property rules, city bi-laws, and other applicable laws
* Deter and respond to incidents on property
* Complete reports and memo book entries on a regular basis
* Compile the necessary reports for court dates
* Make arrests as required-training provided
You are the ideal candidate for this position because you possess:
* Grade 12 diploma or equivalent
* Valid Alberta Security License
* Minimum 1-year experience in retail prevention/security environment
* Excellent English communication skills both written and verbal (candidates will be tested)
* Excellent customer service skills
* Knowledge of the Criminal Code Powers of Arrest section
* Knowledge of Provincial Trespass to Property Act
* Ability to stand and walk the floor for a 6 – 8 hour period
* Ability to be flexible to work various store locations
* Valid First Aid/CPR, or willingness to obtain
* Highly organized with the ability to work unsupervised
Interested? Join our workforce!
To apply for this position or view other job opportunities please visit the “careers” page of our website at www.gardaglobal.com/careers
Headquartered in Montreal, Canada, GardaWorld is the world’s largest privately owned security services company. We operate across a range of highly focused business solutions including cash services, protective services and aviation services. Over 62,000 highly trained, dedicated professionals serve clients in North America, Latin America, Europe, Africa, Asia and the Middle East.
GardaWorld has great opportunity for personal growth and advancement, fosters a collaborative environment, and encourages team cooperation. You can make a difference in a company that gives you latitude to deliver the best customer service.
We are an equal opportunity employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, handicap disability or any other protected status.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however we will communicate only with the selected candidates.