Job Number: J0817-0481
Job Category: Information Technology
Open Positions: 1
At Sleep Country Canada / Dormez-Vous? We are crazy about sleep! Don't believe us!? We happen to be Canada's #1 specialty retailer with over 230 stores nationwide and growing.
Working at Sleep Country Canada (SCC) and Dormez-Vous? (DV) is more than just a job, it's your opportunity to realize your full potential! We trust you to make the right decisions- you will be motivated and empowered every day to make a positive difference to your team, the customer experience, and the growth of our business.
At SCC/DV, we work hard but most importantly, we play hard! We are driven by a shared set of core values that focus not only on providing the best customer service, but also on recognizing, developing, and caring for our own associates (that means YOU!). At Sleep Country, we realize there is more to success than work and working with us will allow you to be a part of a strong, vibrant, and fun work environment.
Do you have what it takes?
• Learn and understand the various technologies used to support the company
• Answer support requests in a timely fashion ensuring that all requests are properly documented including the resolution
• Provide support to internal customers
• Review and quickly assess problems, assigning them to the correct support resources
• Learn and understanding database techniques
• Be able to relay business requirements in technical terms
• Be able to turn technical requirements into business terms
• Troubleshoot, analyze and implement service request
• Available to travel off site to support our stores and distribution centers
• Available for on call 24/7 rotation
What are the Qualifications?
• Degree/Diploma in Computer Science, Engineering or Information Technology
• Experience / knowledge of the following systems; MS Server, MS Office Suites, MS Exchange, AIX, VMware and Citrix / XenApp environments
• Basic understanding of networking
• Basic understanding of telephone and VoIP technologies
• Enjoy working with people
• Broad technical knowledge with the ability and desire to learn new skills
• Help desk/Customer service experience
• Experience in documenting process and issue resolution
• Strong verbal and written communications
• Possess a sense of urgency
• 2 – 5 years of experience
Nice to have
• Bilingual - French
• MCSE, MCP and/or CCNA certifications
• Cisco UCS Telephony technology
Note: The Toronto office is moving to 7900 Airport Rd., Brampton in October 2017.
We recognize the importance of a diverse workforce and we therefore encourage applications from Aboriginal Peoples, women, members of a visible minority, and persons with a disability.