Category: Technical Operations
Position ID: J0617-0214
Every day, our passionate employees connect our customers to the world and everything in it – it’s why we exist at Shaw, and it’s why we strive to be the place where the best people choose to work. Our people reflect the richness of our communities, and our culture is inclusive of each individual’s diverse background and perspective, which makes us a stronger team.
At Shaw we believe a diverse workforce fosters diversity of thought and perspective, and more diversity means more solutions. We invite all qualified individuals to apply.
Career Opportunity: In Home Technician
We have an exciting opportunity for a In Home Technician working in Red Deer, Alberta. Reporting to the Supervisor, Technical Operations, the successful candidate will be accountable for the installation of analog, digital phone and digitally delivered services. If you value a workplace that promotes accountability, exemplifies loyalty and never compromises integrity, then start your career with us.
• Install Internet, cable television, Digital Cable Terminals (DCT), Digital Phone Terminals (DPT) and home entertainment equipment for our customers
• Exchange and collect Shaw equipment to ensure our products are performing at an optimal level
• Maintain accurate inventory information for DCTs, DPTs and modems
• Ensure all work orders are coded accurately and submitted in a timely manner
• Demonstrate, promote and sell the features, advantages, and benefits of Shaw’s products and services
• Provide superior customer service
• Various other duties as needed
Required Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
• Minimum Grade 12 education; post secondary technical schooling (NCTI Installer course) an asset
• Advanced PC hardware and software knowledge; A+ certification an asset
• Previous customer service and strong sales abilities required
• Experience in sales/retail customer service positions an asset
• Prior experience in a cable television environment is an asset
• Strong background in DOS, Windows Operating Systems; background in Macintosh environments an asset
• Ability to work independently and as a contributing member of a team
• Maintain a valid provincial driver’s license and provide an annual driver’s abstract
• Possess and maintain appropriate tools and equipment to perform the duties
• Possess and maintain a vehicle (and insurance) that meets Shaw specifications and safety standards
• Ability to perform work safely in all types of conditions – indoor and outdoor
• Physically able to perform all aspects of job including, climb ladders and poles, carry ladders, drag manhole covers 1 - 1.5 m, move televisions and/or entertainment units and/or computer stations, work in a crouched position behind furniture, and work in confined areas such as attics.
• A positive, “can-do” attitude and customer focused approach that will enable you to deal with challenging situations with integrity, empathy and sincerity
• Ability to work various shifts including weekends and evenings
If you want to be part of something bigger—part of a dynamic team of people who are aligned, focused, and passionate about working together to care for our customers, then we look forward to meeting you! Join us.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted. This position requires the successful completion of a criminal background check.
Shaw Communications, through its third party vendor, collects and stores information applicable to the candidate profile you create when you submit the information asked for below. The use and disclosure of the collected information is for the sole purpose of job search and placement activities for Shaw Communications. The information is subject to Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. The information will be retained and when disposed of, it is done so in a secure manner. Your profile will become inactive and moved to the archive if you do not access your profile for a period of 1 year.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only selected candidates will be contacted. No telephone calls or agencies, please.