Date: May 26, 2017
JOB NUMBER: 12361
Looking for a great opportunity to join our Fort McMurray mining team? In this temporary position, you will be a vital contributor to our oil sands mining operations, operating either a CAT or Komatsu haul truck.
- Participate in our Journey to Zero safety program by operating safely and driving to conditions
- Follow our operating standards and procedures
- Operate various makes and models of haul trucks
- Complete walk-arounds, safety checks and field level risk assessments and ensure the heavy equipment is running properly
- Report any necessary repairs to the maintenance team or supervisors
- Report all incidents, damage and near misses immediately
- Communicate updates to your supervisor to ensure goals and objectives are met
Experience and Education:
- One or more years of experience operating equipment in industries such as mining, civil earthworks, pipelines, sawmills, pulp and paper mills or manufacturing (in your resume, please provide the type and size of the equipment you have operated and length of time of your employment with each company)
- At least one year of experience running a loader or excavator is an asset
- Experience in an open pit mining environment is preferred
- Heavy equipment operator ticket is an asset
- High school diploma or General Education Diploma (GED)
- Possess a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record
Skills and Knowledge:
- Strong focus on safety training and an exceptional safety record
- You continually seek greater knowledge about the systems, processes and hazards in the workplace, in order to understand not just what you do but why you do it
- You do not take or tolerate shortcuts and if the procedure is incorrect, you fix it
- You constantly ask what could go wrong and check for out-of-the-ordinary conditions and learn to anticipate potential problems
- This is a temporary position for a period of 12 months
- This position has been identified as safety sensitive
- The shift schedule is a six days on/six days off rotation (three days on, three nights on, six days off; 12 hour shifts)
- Your primary residence must be within 60 km of Fort McMurray
We want you to have a job you’re genuinely excited about – as well as opportunities to learn and challenge yourself. Suncor is a company where you can contribute in a meaningful way, grow your skills and career, and achieve success.
Suncor Energy is Canada's energy company - meaning rewarding opportunities for you to apply your knowledge, contribute and grow in a variety of career-building positions. Our business portfolio spans the entire energy sector, from a leadership position in oil sands development, to refining and marketing operations, natural gas, and conventional oil production, internationally and offshore East Coast Canada.
And while we are working to responsibly develop petroleum resources and contribute to the communities where we live and work, we are also developing our renewable energy portfolio, which includes wind power and biofuels.
As part of Suncor's team, you'll contribute to the ongoing success of Canada's largest energy company - one with a solid track record of growth, a focus on safety and sustainability and tremendous potential for the future. And you'll have the opportunity to learn from experts in the industry and build on your skills every day.
Suncor is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Not sure if this particular listing is the right opportunity for you? Please join our Talent Community at www.suncor.com and click on Careers, or follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter for the latest job listings and employment news.
Please note that our job postings are typically open for two weeks, so if you are interested and qualified, apply now.