Closes: Oct 30, 2017
Purpose: To create 100% Guest Satisfaction by providing exceptional Guest Service
Areas of Responsibility:
Creates 100% guest satisfaction by providing Canad Four Star Service and by exceeding guest expectations
· Gives personal attention, takes personal responsibility and uses teamwork when providing guest service
· Listens, apologizes with empathy, finds a solution and follows through when resolving guest problems
· Assumes the responsibility to notice when the guest is not satisfied and uses their best judgment as to when it is appropriate to use the 100% Guest Satisfaction Guarantee
Performs other duties as required to provide Canad Four Star Service
· Receives and processes incoming customer reservations
· Greets customer and finds out what they want (dates, times, type of rooms, etc.)
· Offers alternative room types, rates and packages to the customer
· Records reservation information accurately; identifies and records group and transient book codes and special requests
· Identifies commissionable reservations and secures required information
· Records and processes deposit and billing information
· All other duties as required
Maximizes occupancy and average rate by offering a variety of rates and promotional packages and by helping to maintain accurate occupancy forecasts
· Utilizes suggestive selling techniques as appropriate
· Adheres to rate control procedures based on availability and forecasted occupancy
· Informs supervisor of potential sell out dates so rate restrictions can be adhered to
· Records requests for special accommodations and suites
Focus On the Guest… Seek to understand the guest, internal and external guest and meet and exceed the needs of both the guest and the company.
Attend to Detail… Ensure that work is accurate, thorough and to the highest standards.
Take Responsibility… Demonstrate personal ownership of tasks and follow through to get the required results.
Apply Professional, Product, or Technical Expertise… Demonstrate the ability to apply technical, professional, or product expertise to everyday hotel situations.
Foster Teamwork… Work well in a team environment and motivate teams to sustain exceptional levels of performance.
Communicate Effectively… Clarify and provide information so that coworkers, guests, and suppliers understand and can take action.
Key Skills and Requirements:
Technical Service Skills… Demonstrate understanding of the technical service skills for assigned area (i.e. food & beverage service, housekeeping, etc.)
Planning… Skilled in determining whether tasks should be attempted, identifying the most effective way of completing the task, and preparing how to overcome unexpected difficulties.