Date: Feb 12, 2018
Req Id 78046
Gatehouse Security Guard-Vaughan
We are currently hiring Security guards in Vaughan – Toronto, Protective Services
As a security guard, you will be working in a gatehouse environment protecting a yard of vehicles being loaded and unloaded from trains.
What are the job benefits we offer you?
* Regular wages ranging from $14/hour
* Medical benefits after 90 days
* Free uniform
* Career path planning and advancement opportunities
* Paid on-the-job training
* Ongoing training available
On a typical day, you will be responsible of:
* Operating a scanner and pay close attention to detail.
* Patrolling the yard
* Enforce property rules, city bi-laws, and other applicable laws
* Deter and respond to incidents on property
* Maintain a presence to ensure the safety and security of all persons on site
* Communicate regularly with patrons/clients
* Complete reports and memo book entries on a regular basis
* Respond to various types of emergencies (fire alarms/elevator entrapments/medical emergencies)
* Work in a industrial setting.
You are the ideal candidate for this position because you possess:
* Grade 12 diploma or equivalent
* Prior security experience is a must
* Excellent English communication skills both written and verbal (candidates will be tested)
* Excellent customer service skills
* Some understanding/knowledge of applicable laws
* Valid First Aid/CPR, or willingness to obtain
* Professional deportment
Interested? Join our workforce!
Headquartered in Montreal, Canada, GardaWorld is the world’s largest privately owned security services company. We operate across a range of highly focused business solutions including cash services, protective services and aviation services. Over 62,000 highly trained, dedicated professionals serve clients in North America, Latin America, Europe, Africa, Asia and the Middle East.
GardaWorld has great opportunity for personal growth and advancement, fosters a collaborative environment, and encourages team cooperation. You can make a difference in a company that gives you latitude to deliver the best customer service.
We are an equal opportunity employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, handicap disability or any other protected status.
To apply for this position or view other job opportunities please visit the “careers” page of our website at www.gardaglobal.com/careers
We thank all candidates for their interest; however we will communicate only with the selected candidates.