Augusta Movers Toronto is looking for clean cut experienced "Professional Mover/Driver for residential, commercial moving/furniture assembly.
We are looking for someone with G or D licence for our slow season. Hours will be based on company requirements. You have to have another job as we will be basically calling you when we need you. Pay is $20/hr for G licensed drivers/movers with min 1 year experience and $22/hr for D licensed driver/mover
We are looking for people with high integrity, that are energetic, fun and committed to high level of customer service! Positive attitude is an absolute must! You have to look presentable. We are all about the customer!!!
Moving or industry experience is an asset.
All Professional Movers may be expected to do at least the following:
- Carry heavy items(75lbs+) long distances up and down stairs
- Properly Tape and Label Customers' Boxes
- Prep (wrap in mover's pads) furniture and equipment
- Box-pack items such as dishes, books, art, knick-knacks, office supplies
- Work with basic tools and special equipment
- Drive a straight truck ( Driver position)
- Disassemble and reassemble furniture and equipment
- Interact appropriately with customers
- Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of work
- Resolves work problems or assists Move manager in solving problems
- Assures conformance to loading patterns to prevent shifting or damage to household goods during transit
- Takes full responsibility of the quality of the work performed...
- Should know how to do log books and daily vehicle inspection reports
- ability to get to our location for early morning start times is required
- Full G or D (clean abstract for the drivers) 3years any driving experience
- Background check
- You are between 22 and 50 years of age
- At least One Year Commercial Experience driving a 20'-26' truck
- Non-smoking / Alcohol and drug free
- No arrests
- Team player
- Problem Solving Skills
- mobile device with data
- Safely operate a 20'-26' straight truck ensure safe and legal parking.
- Arrive promptly on time and in proper uniform for scheduled shifts.
- Pack and wrap furniture and household items carefully and properly for transport.
- Load and unload items into moving trucks.
- Basic furniture disassembly and reassembly.
- Committed to providing the highest level of customer service with the ability to overcome challenges presented on site.
- Manage inventory.
- Ability to work effectively within a team.
- Availability to work flexible shifts including weekends (Monday - Saturday and occasionally Sundays and Holidays)
Moving is hard work. Items to be moved can often be worth several thousand dollars, following proper procedures and caring about the quality of your performance is extremely important. Moves involving stairs are very common. It has become a tradition to run on a job whenever it is reasonable and safe to do so. The workday can be long - a ten or twelve hour day or longer is not unusual.
The successful Professional Mover will have above average strength, stamina, fitness and skill. Movers also need logical thinking, common sense and problem solving skills. All employees must also have the appropriate language skills to communicate articulately with customers and be able to understand and communicate concisely with their fellow workers. Will be required to wear company uniform and must wear foot protection at all times.
Job Type: Full-time with no guarantee for hrs- movers/drivers required
Once again we are looking for someone that is driving and doing moving already and looking for a second gig. This may turn into a full time position with at least 40hrs per week. Please Serious candidates only
Required education: High school or equivalent
Required experience: commercial driving: 1 year
Required language: English
If interested, please apply on the following site: